Assist Senior Supervisor to plan, organise and supervise on a consolidated basis of a banking group or standalone banking institutions (BIs) using the Supervisory Risk Framework (SuRF) through continuous surveillance to ensure safety and soundness of the BIs. The Associate Supervisor is to assess the vulnerabilities within the BIs and to initiate preventive or remedial actions in achieving the department’s strategic outcome of no unanticipated amber institutions. Additionally, to coordinate reviews for processing as well as to undertake assessments on the regulatory applications from BIs to ensure provisions of the Financial Services Act 2013/Islamic Financial Services Act 2013 and Policy Standards are administered appropriately and consistently
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Analyse and understand the financial condition, performance, risk profile and risk management processes of BIs for effective supervision including early detection of emerging supervisory concerns. Undertake the assessment of applications from BIs to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and provide appropriate recommendations to the management on a timely manner. Assess applications received from BIs in accordance with SOP and approving authorities of the Bank.
- Undertake assessment of BI’s safety and soundness, effectively escalate/communicate supervisory concerns and provide recommendations on supervisory/intervention/resolution measures to be imposed on BIs. Ensure assessment and decisions are in accordance with approved supervisory governance framework.
- Ensure the BIs comply with the various regulations, rules and policies issued by BNM through reviewing of regulatory reporting and data submission and to institute remedial action for breaches/non-compliance.
- Understand emerging issues facing BIs and overall financial stability. Able to identify, assess and propose appropriate solution with regard to intra/inter group, inter-linkages/inter-connectedness and implications on BIs.
- Maintain strong collaboration internally and externally to exchange views, provide inputs, identify new developments and best practices to enhance the supervisory methodology and processes.
- Undertake administrative functions and other ad-hoc assignments.
- Undertake self-development to meet corporate and personal goals.
- Maintain professional working relationship with home/host supervisors and other domestic regulators (SC, PIDM, LOFSA
- Robust supervisory framework which include supervisory methodology, processes, procedures and governance.
- Effectiveness of surveillance tools.
- Timely identification of potential vulnerabilities and emerging risk in BIs.
- Adequate supervisory resources including competent team.
- Effective internal and external collaborations.
- Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and communicate/escalate concerns clearly and effectively
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
- Increasing complexity of banking group structure, products and practices as well as volatility and uncertainty of external environment and the need for prompt identification of emerging risks/issues in ensuring safety and soundness of BIs.
- Identifying key risks/vulnerabilities as well as developing and executing intervention actions in a timely manner.
- Ensuring correct interpretation of legal and regulatory requirements and consistency in recommendations/ decisions across industry players.
- Keeping abreast with market, regulatory and macro economic developments.
- Group wide/cross border supervision – supervision of entities and subsidiaries located in and outside Malaysia.
- Meeting challenges brought about by liberalisation and legislative changes.
- Managing expectation of various stakeholders particularly multiple assignments with tight deadlines.
- Supervising and coaching less experienced staff.
- Availability of infrastructure to support supervisory role
: Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree or professional qualifications in accounting, economics, banking or finance, with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 or Second Class Upper or its equivalent, and SPM with credit in at least five subjects including Bahasa Melayu, English and Mathematics.Experience
: Experience in financial sector or auditing is an added advantageCOMPETENCIES
- Central Banking Business
- Organisational Risk Management
- Legal and regulatory requirements
- Financial analysis
- Knowledge of business
- Risk assessment of BIs
- OTHER Communication & presentation skills
- Executive maturity
- Drive performance excellence
- Build team capability
- Empowerment with accountability
- Leverage strategic relationships
- Organisational understanding
- Engage and influence stakeholders
- Holistic collaboration
- Environmental awareness
- Integrated thinking
- Act for greater good