Position based in Kuching, Malaysia
Reports to Director of Technology
- Develop BEOL systems for high temperature and high reliability applications.
- Optimise BEOL processes for yield.
- Support the transfer of technologies to other X-FAB sites.
- Liaise with customers to support production ramp.
- Provide technical leadership to define the strategy for future BEOL technologies, based on an understanding of customer future needs.
1. Willingness to travel and ability to work effectively in international team
3. Good technical leadership and organizing abilities
4. Able to meet deadlines
5. Good problem-solving skills
6. Quality awareness
7. Excellent English language and communication skills
Technical/ Functional Competencies
1. Working knowledge of all process steps in the BEOL system (dielectric deposition, CMP, CVD/PVD
for metal deposition, lithography and etch).
2. Extensive experience of BEOL process integration, at around the 130nm node, using Al-based
3. A solid track record of optimising BEOL processes for yield and reliability.
4. Good understanding of reliability failure mechanisms and Failure Analysis techniques.
5. Understanding of design rules and the impact of metal systems on product performance.
6. Knowledge of chip and package interactions.
7. Trained in the formal use of Design-of-Experiments and statistical techniques.
8. Familiarity with stress modelling and test structure design is advantages.