About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesProcesses
- Manage and/or resolve risk events/cases.
- Spend time reviewing cases with staff and independantly to resolve issues and further develop/improve process and process expertise
- Follow the Correspondent/Non-Correspondent Banking DOI to process risk events in line with Assess, Analyse, Act (AAA) process.
- Do further analysis and escalations using knowledge about complex products.
- Implement/roll-out Group and FCC processes/DOIs.
- Maintain and recommend (for approval by the relevant Risk Committee), appropriate processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Perform BTL (Below The Line) testing
- Conduct second level analysis of the BTL samples and recommend action as per the BTL guidelines
- Review samples and perform random checks
- Provide refresher training on BTL dynamics, where required either through classroom sessions and/or floorwalking
- Ensure adequate capacity is in place as per the BTL testing plan submitted and agreed with the project
- Coordinate case allocation work upon receipt of BTL cases amongst the dedicated workforce within FCSU
- Where applicable and required, help analyst to reach upto a suitable determination of event as per 'Recommendations' of BTL guidelines, considering the transactions and public domain research documents, if any
- Ensure that Analysts / Specialists do follow a clear and complete articulation of Risk Event commentary explaining rationale for decision with details of funds flow and purpose of transactions, as relevant and effective retention of BTL decision, comment and supporting documents in ECM showing the results of public domain research/information obtained from source systems, if any.
- Be attentive on any issues heard from the team during execution of test cases - instances of system downtime, access denial to be recorded separately and reported as part of the EOD Progress report
- Where required, facilitate MI on BTL i.e. manual tracker, perform manual reconciliation, keyword searches, etc.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Analyse significant financial crime risk events (e.g. non-compliant transactions, production orders) to ensure that all connected parties, particularly cross-border are identified and reported at the appropriate levels internally across all relevant jurisdictions.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Track significant issues arising from FCC metrics, FCC Assurance activities, Audit reviews and regulatory inspections, providing validation of issue closure where necessary.
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Support all control checks undertaken by FCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
- Periodic reporting and timely escalation of significant risks and issues arising from FCC Monitoring and Assurance activities.
- Be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework.
- Ensure tracking and remediation of surveillance and investigations related regulatory findings.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Prepare and cascade lessons learned from audit findings, FCC assurance activities and specific investigations.
- Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
People and Talent
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the FCSU to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Collaborate with training teams to input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps.
- Ensure the respective team is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support sustainable business growth and address financial crime risks.
- Ensure staff in the respective team have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions.
- Manage and protect business as usual (BAU) capability during change programmes, as well as during the execution and delivery of the Remediation initiatives through project phase and into BAU.
- Provide subject matter expert advice, guidance and support to the project managers on managing change.
- Review new business requirements and provide solutions where required.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Ensure that there is adequate support (people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems) in the respective team for necessary FCC controls.
- FCC Controls representatives in group and country.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in FCSU,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
5 to 10 years of relevant work experience in the following areas:
- AML transaction monitoring and terrorist financing surveillance skills in relation the respective country jurisdiction, and client types.
- Analysis skills: able to analyse data trends and out of pattern activities, working knowledge of Internet and MS Office Suite & independently assimilate, analyse and evaluate information from disperse data sources to determine a course of action (e.g. case closure or escalation), and record and communicate this decision clearly and concisely.
- Banking: knowledge in terms of customers, products and transactions with expertise in at least one customer segment (retail, corporate, private banking, correspondent banking)
- Banking operations/payments experience (Client Due Diligence, payments, cash & trade, markets or other) and service-oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing).
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.