About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%27s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%27re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Business Analyst is a critical and strategic thinker, decisive and analytically minded, solution-oriented, user-focused and business-savvy with exceptional communication, collaboration, people and conduct management skills. They can successfully engage with many different personalities/ stakeholders and reach consensus when necessary.
For this specific role, we are looking for a qualified Information and Cyber Security analyst, who will work closely with the Global Retail Banking Information and Cyber Security Product Owner (GPO) in engaging business stakeholders, eliciting great requirements, creating detailed user stories and calculating business value of Product Backlog items. A member of the Delivery Team in the Agile Scrum framework, the BA will also assist the team in areas of analysis, CI (Continuous Improvement), UX (User experience), Governance processes and QA (Quality Assurance).
Business Analyst Continuously engages with the Product Owner, the Delivery Team and applicable business stakeholders (e.g. Retail Banking Process Owners, Application System Owners, Country and Regional Leads) to gather, create, analyse, and verify requirements, exchange feedback, align product expectations and resolve issues. Deliverables include, but are not limited to requirements matrices, data flow diagrams, and inventory sheets.Collaborates with Delivery Team, Product Owner, Programme Owner and Delivery Owner to define Minimal Viable Product (MVP) based on business requirements and business value.Creates User Stories in Product Backlog (based on programme vision) in close alignment with Product Owner and defines Acceptance Criteria in close alignment with Delivery Team.Helps the Product Owner to ensure that the Product Backlog is visible, clear and understood.Participates in Backlog Refinement and Sprint Planning, contributing to defining the Sprint Goal, estimating User Stories and ensuring these meet Definition of Ready criteria.Participates in Agile ceremonies such as daily team Stand-up, Sprint Demo or Retrospective.Supports the team to develop both, Definition of Ready and Done.Defining test cases for User Acceptance/ Verification Testing (UAT/ UVT), performs testing if required.Supports PO to ensure deliverables are of the desired quality and in engaging applicable stakeholders (e.g. Legal, Compliance, Ops Risk, CTM %26amp; Key Governance) for required approvals and sign-offs.Could serve the team as SME (Subject Matter Expert) on Bank and Country processes such as risk regulations, compliance and delivery frameworks.
Regulatory %26amp; Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the assigned RB ICS project to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Key StakeholdersRB ICS Accountable ExecutiveRB Head of ICS (HICS)RB Head of ICS ChangeRB ICS Global Product OwnerRB [Agile Scrum Team] Scrum Master, Delivery Team (Engineers, QA Managers, etc)RB [Programme] Programme Owner, Delivery Owner, Programme Manager, Delivery Lead, Product SME, Transformation Lead, Agile CoachRB T%26amp;I Management TeamRB - applicable internal technology stakeholdersRB - applicable internal business stakeholders and support functions (e.g. COOs, HICS, Regional and Country stakeholders, CISRO, Audit, Legal %26amp; Compliance, etc)Other internal stakeholders such as Security Technology Service, Cyber Security Services
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proven success and experience as a business analyst/product owner (minimum 7-10 years) in the Financial Services/Technology Industry with atleast some experience with agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Extreme Programming, LeSS, SAFe).
- Qualified experience in Information and Cyber Security Risk Management, specifically in Identity and Access Management and Network Security domain will be highly desirable.
- Candidate must be familiar with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-53 security controls and/or ISO 27000 and Control Objectives for Information Related Technology (COBIT).
- Ability to demonstrate, strong technical knowledge and expertise within the ICS domain, with ability to scale and support the ICS Product Owner and team in developing and delivering a successful roadmap for ICS control implementation.
- Demonstrated experience working in large, complex programs and ability to operate as a strong team player, communicating in an effective and impactful manner, across cross-functional and geographical teams.
- Ability to engage and influence senior management and business stakeholders effectively.
- The Business Analyst is a critical and strategic thinker, decisive and analytically minded, solution-oriented, user-focused and business-savvy with exceptional communication, collaboration, people and conduct management skills. They can successfully engage with many different personalities/ stakeholders and reach consensus when necessary.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.