About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
Inbound and outbound of NTB CC & CASA acquisition and activation.Business
- Engage NTB clients (any segment) who have financial needs especially in CC/CASA.
- Driving NTB fresh fund deposit into business.
- Engage via on-site marketing/roadshows/ door to door/ blitz, or via leads from partnership, alliances and etc
- Initial primary focus on Credit card & Privilege Saver as anchor product, gradually broadening to full range of retail products.
- Engage NTB Client base to acquire more cross sales product such as PLoan, Banca, Mortgage referrals, PRB and PMB referrals.
- Connect and explain
- Connect with identified prospects.
- Explain proposition and requirements in full.
- Proactively explain respective banking proposition that fits Clients Ingoing Needs/anchor products, e.g: CASA, Mortgage, CC, BC CASA.
- Prepare and set up
- Pre-send product bundles description and banking proposition.
- Conduct remote KYC.
- Collect all documents (digital) required for account opening and pre-fill forms
- Conduct CDD
- Opening of new account / activate products
- Tag clients to the right segment.
- Meet, deep sell & train
- Meet in person (Ensure Priority Banker joins if Affluent)
- Listen and determine further needs
- Setup anchor products
- Initiate discussion to cross-sell
- Educate and conduct initial setup for online, ATMs, client centre and store
People and Talent
- Conduct fulfilment
- Pass on referrals of other products to respective specialists
- Basic banking products knowledge Credit Cards, CASA, Mortgage, PL, Banca
- Market and competition knowledge
- Closing deals
- Ability to drive and manage client interaction
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Negotiation and objection handling
- Client training on digital solutions
- Discipline and good time management to handle client needs
- Ability to solve problems and close issues without handing over
- Strong analytical ability
- Understanding of CDD principles
- Interpersonal and complaint handling skills
- Bank's product knowledge
- Understanding of policies and procedures
- ABM rules / Bank Negara FEA regulations
- Branch Operations Manual (WEBOM) /MIC/ group circulars/bank policy and tariff of charges
- Ensure the operation is being compliant and meeting all regulatory requirements
Ensure Compliance with regulatory requirements pertaining to:
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Bank&rsquos Group Policy & Standards
- Local Laws and Regulations
- Bank&rsquos Code of Conduct.
- Customer Data Confidentiality
- Money Laundering
- Customer Due Diligence
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead Malaysia / Retail Banking / Client Acquisition (Price Solutions, TPSA & Personal Banking) to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- All levels of staff inclusive of Group level
Our Ideal Candidate
- Achievement of profit and growth targets for CC & CASA fulfilment team
- Achievement of service excellent to alliances / partnership companies
- Operational efficiency and effectiveness for service to customers
- The overall image of Standard Chartered Bank in marketplace
- Functional Knowledge
- Strong product knowledge of assets and liability product, operations and process.
- Strong analytical skill and core banking / asset products system knowledge.
- Risk & Governance
- Knowledge if employee sales governance framework
- Client Experience Management
- Ability in business planning relating to sales, product and service.
- Digital savvy need to be comfortable with our digital platforms
- Leadership and People Management
- Interpersonal skills and ability to influence other functions.
Visit our careers website