About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%27s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%27re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
For this specific role, we are looking for a qualified Information and Cyber Security Business Scrum, who will support Global Retail Banking Information and Cyber Security Product Owner (GPO) in engaging project and delivery teams on the delivery of use stories end-end (user stories validations, design, build, test and deploy). The individual will work with multiple teams (Business, Regional teams, testing team, Technology and Application teams, Security Technology Service, Cyber Security Services and others as required) to ensure project/workstreams goals are delivered successfully.
- The individual will support the Global Product Owners on business, application owner and country-level engagements for delivery execution.
- Ensures the Programme and Initiatives comply with Agile %27components%27 in Project Management Standards (PMS) and Project Governance Policy.
- Liaises with Scrum Master(s) to identify and mitigate Agile Impediments which may impair delivery.
- Collaborates with Product Owners to re-plan and prioritise Initiatives based on business value and assess impact on cost and benefit.
- Maintain a single workstream plan to achieve objectives for the project and track delivery. Regularly review with Global Product Owner
- Ensure project plans are maintained and reported to Global Product Owner for endorsements.
- Maintain burndown charts for respective projects/workstreams
- Report delivery status to the Global Product Owners in systematic and precise, providing clarity. Escalate issues appropriately.
- Manage the project with our technology partners (Scrum Master, App team, Security Technology Service and Cyber Security Services) to maximise delivery and efficiency.
- Drive consistency across the project(s)
- Reports on project progress, offers viable solutions and opportunities as they arise
- Conducting project review and creating detailed reports for senior management
- Optimize and improve processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Provide support for periodic audits.
- Maintain a Change Control process and a backlog across the project(s)
- Timely escalation of blockages for remediation
- Report status to GPO on regular basis
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Establish strong programme management controls, including:
- Project planning, tracking, and reporting
- Programme change control
- Risks, issues, and dependencies management
- Vendor management
- Benefits assurance
- Business change management
- Provide ongoing reporting of projects deliverables against the milestones and timelines to GPO/key stakeholders and escalate any blockages to progress to ensure Senior Management are briefed and necessary informative decision is made in a timely manner for the success delivery of the Projects.
- Deliver the component parts of the Programme to satisfy the Group%27s ICS TRP uplift objectives.
- Ensure that the delivery is managed in accordance with the Group%27s project management standards and that programme risks and issues are identified, escalated, and addressed as appropriate.
- Manage the programme professionally and efficiently, closely tracking timeline commitments for provision of information and action plans, and for validation of actions taken.
Regulatory %26amp; Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the assigned RB ICS project to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Key StakeholdersRB ICS Accountable ExecutiveRB Head of ICS (HICS)RB Head of ICS ChangeRB ICS Global Product OwnerRB [Agile Scrum Team] Scrum Master, Delivery Team (Engineers, QA Managers, etc)RB [Programme] Programme Owner, Delivery Owner, Programme Manager, Delivery Lead, Product SME, Transformation Lead, Agile CoachRB T%26amp;I Management TeamRB - applicable internal technology stakeholdersRB - applicable internal business stakeholders and support functions (e.g. COOs, HICS, Regional and Country stakeholders, CISRO, Audit, Legal %26amp; Compliance, etc)Other internal stakeholders such as Security Technology Service, Cyber Security Services
Our Ideal Candidate:Proven success and experience as a Project Manager/Scrum Master (minimum 7-10 years) in the Financial Services/Technology Industry with delivery experience with agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Extreme Programming, LeSS, SAFe). Experience in project management, especially larger projects with established firmsA proven track record of delivering business value from IT as a delivery manager / senior project managerHave a proven ability to be able to take a ‘big picture’ delivery view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of contract types and engagement approachesHave experience in managing process change within organizations as a result of an IT implementationA track record of delivery within a number of large-scale IT transformation programmes, taking ownership of delivery across internal client teamsHave experience in seeking the alignment of business and IT, operating across organizational and technology silos to drive common approaches, delivering sustainable, agile and re-usable solutionsBeing comfortable working with senior management is a mustA strong background in Banking is desirable. Ideally in Retail Banking.Experience in managing Agile teams and DeliveriesDemonstrated experience working in large, complex programs and ability to operate as a strong team player, communicating in an effective and impactful manner, across cross-functional and geographical teams.Ability to engage and influence senior management and business stakeholders effectively. Experience in balancing regulatory and policy requirements with rapid delivery, ensuring accelerated and prioritized risk buy-down whilst meeting all requirementsAbility to work with diverse stakeholders, including Business, Technology, Risk, Finance and OperationsCapability to mediate between technical constraints, regulatory demand and strategic business requirements, which requires on the one hand a sound understanding of all cyber security controls and on the other hand the ability to comprehend and engage with critical business stakeholdersStrong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the project’s goal. Personal authority based on established trusted relationships and ability to provide advice and project directionStrong leadership skills and experience in leading global project(s) with teams and stakeholders across various geographies and time-zones.Strong knowledge of the businesses, markets and operations of Standard Chartered Bank and the policies, procedures, and processes through which financial crime risks are addressed throughout the GroupExperience of developing a people strategy, influencing relevant stakeholders and decision makers, and executing decisions efficiently and consistentlyAbility to both assess strategic priorities and to focus on detailed aspects of a programme to drive effective deliveryBachelor’s degree requiredPMP Certification MandatorySecurity Professional certification will be advantageous (CISSP, CISA etc)Other applicable certifications will be advantageous (ITIL, Agile etc)
Additionally, should possess high levels of the below skills to perform well in the role:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Plan and utilize resources with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Leadership skills
- Big-picture thinking and vision
- Attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills
- Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Can do attitude, able to navigate through the organization and engage teams through IT and Operations to find solutions and fix issues
- Experience working in Markets environment. Ability to work, prioritise and deliver under high pressure.
- Well organized and structured, able to chair meetings with senior stakeholders and summarize complex problems to help drive decisions
- Strong communication with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)
- Multicultural awareness, personal authority, integrity and ethics
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.