Job Description :
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Consumer Channel Sales and Marketing (CCSM) organization creates value with our channel sales partners to market and sell innovative consumer solutions. CCSM strategy is articulated around 3 goals: win with at-home and on-the-go compelling experiences for consumers through intelligent edge devices and services, accelerate cloud and subscription adoption through innovative solutions while increasing our customer satisfaction, engagement & loyalty and drive digital excellence and e-commerce capability with our partnersto deliver innovation in omni-channel experiences.
Within CCSM, the Channel sales executive role at Microsoft is accountable for the relationship between Microsoft and its customers, responsible for delivering a well-managed and growing business for Microsoft by understanding both the customers’, and Microsoft’s business strategies and initiatives, and by selling (and co-selling with partners) Microsoft experiences and solutions that bring value to our customers and Microsoft.Responsibilities:
Business Operational Excellence (20%)
Partner Relationships (40%)
- Uses plans to contact decision makers for engagements. Exercises independent judgment and discretion to maintain and develop tactical relationships with decision makers.
- Adapts rhythm of business (ROB) to customer and partner needs. Facilitate partner-to-partner discussions and Microsoft executive
meetings to support Retailer’s innovation and differentiation strategies. Orchestrates annual and seasonal planning process with partner and implement through your virtual team to exceed shopper and partner expectations and goals.
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of customers’ positions within an industry or channel, partners’ strategy, impertives and profitability drivers. Acts as a partner advocate for all Retailer’s interests, goals, and objectives.
- Results are demonstrated by an ability to identify and close opportunities, and by positive customer/partner satisfaction results in relevant surveys.
- Demonstrates good understanding of Retailer’s contracts with Microsoft, ensures the partners is fully informed and sponsors Microsoft runs on Trust and ensure their understanding on all aspects of Microsoft roadmaps, timelines, and program terms to improve partner satisfaction.
Account Management (40%)
- Builds and executes sales plans through regular contact with assigned partners, resulting in meeting or exceeding the success metrics (for example, increased revenue, devices activations).
- Builds and executes plans that produce full utilization and participation in applicable incentive programs. Ensure all discretionary funding produces an ROI aligned to corporate guidance.
- Demonstrates knowledge about customers’ and partners’ business models and cycles, build joint plans serving Microsoft and partners’ objectives, and create value through the chain.
- Ensures the right assortment at the right price through strong portfolio management across all product categories including first and third party portfolios. Results are demonstrated by an increased ability to identify and close opportunities in competitive situations.
- Supports partner through the digital transformation journey to ensure omni-channel presence and growth
- Drive and land regular account performance reviews internally and with partner, and secure inclusion into the partner business cycle
- Tracks progress of sales versus agreed plans, reporting on ROI, refining plans to meet and exceed agreed results.
- Provides feedback to Channel sales management and regional teams, sharing local updates, and managing and escalating roadblocks and supply gaps.
- Provides accurate forecast at the beginning of each quarter, with transparency, accountability.
- Drives improvement in partner satisfaction (CPE) through timely issue resolution and partner support.
- Ensures all agreed programs and investments are executed as agreed and in 100% alignment with our policies and Microsoft Standard Business Conduct.
The Channel sales executive is in charge of managing one or more accounts at a geo level. Their primary responsibilities include:
- Account Planning and Strategy: Generates long-term, agile, and customer-centric plans that align customer, partner, and Microsoft business priorities.
- Customer Relationship Development: Understands customers’ businesses and builds relationships with key decision makers
- Business Value Selling: Presents customers with Microsoft solutions that address business needs, value and returns, align with joint expectations, and are successfully executed
- Industry/ Competitive Knowledge: Understands changing trends, how the industry and competitors are evolving, and how Microsoft can address these changes.
- Account Team Leadership: Orchestrates Microsoft resources to meet and support customer and Microsoft needs. Fosters an environment of teamwork and accountability.
- Business and Opportunity Management: Seeks both short- and long-term opportunities. Optimizes forecasts, pipelines, and new opportunities to meet revenue, units, and share growth goals.Emulate high ethics and trust to comply with our standards of business conduct
- Land all Channel partner programs compliantly and within the local laws
- Complete all FRI Readiness activities on time.