About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%27s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%27re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Accountable for developing, delivering and maintaining the new, future proof Digital Banking Platform for SC Digital Banking, aligned with the global strategy and road map by elevating the bank’s digital platform performance to world’s top practices. The role requires proven leadership, outstanding stakeholder management and an in-depth knowledge in different digital banking dimensions, such as functionality, usability, delivering superior service and sales experience. It entails significant complexity and scale in terms of designing, implementing, integrating and optimizing digital channels with the bank’s digital banking platforms, working closely with IT, Products, Digital Capabilities, UX/UI and Marketing teams, and all relevant stakeholders, ensuring global best practices are implemented by the countries.
The measures of success consist of (but not limited to):
- Establish a winning global digital banking platform in line with the bank’s vision and goals
- Create and implement the Digital Banking road map to position SCB in the top 10 globally in less than 24 months
- Integrate digital with the bank’s digital platforms and use its capabilities
- Establish regional benchmarks and report mobile performance KPIs. Embed a strategic analytical and results oriented approach into decision making across the organization
- Work with all relevant stakeholders to ensure digital and corporate targets are met
- Create synergies with other ongoing initiatives within the Group teams
- Identify new technologies and solutions to strengthen the digital business model
- Work closely with Group Digital Risk Controls and collaborate to create global frameworks
- Work closely with audit and compliance to clear open issues and follow up with Group and Country teams
Key Roles %26amp; Responsibilities
- Create and develop a global progressive digital banking strategy catering for different regions needs and behaviours
- Design and implement the digital banking road map to meet the objectives of the bank
- Integrate digital with digital ecosystem and leverage insights
- Act as digital banking business owner in all related initiatives and drive digital banking adoption Leverage new technologies to maximize channel interactions and optimization Use mobile as a key driver for sales conversions
Transactional and Functional Developments
- Oversee all digital banking related processes and coordinate implementation with regions and local teams
- Structure and drive digital banking activities in close partnership with stakeholders
- Develop and propose new automation / functionalities
- Coordinate the prioritization of transactions and functional development with marketing and product teams
- Discover new technologies and digital opportunities to expand the digital ecosystem
- Owns digital banking platform business performance, engagement and adoption
- Report and update management and local teams
- Work with Finance team and develop transparent tracking and reporting mechanisms
- Macro Research for being global ‘best in class’
- Conduct regular competitor analysis and macro research to understand the latest best practices.
- Generate reports based on the above and propose new opportunities.
- Keep abreast of all developments in digital globally (global and local competitors and core technologies)
- Keep abreast of all developments in digital businesses globally, across all non-banking industries as well (e.g. Retail, Airlines and Telecommunications)
- Engage relevant professional services firms to obtain their ongoing updates and views on relevant topics
- Best in class - Apply class examples across industries (Retail, Airlines, FMCG etc.) to the RB Digital offering
Digital Tech Stack Management
- Identify gaps and opportunities to enrich our digital processes tech stack
- Establish and leverage on existing and new platforms and applications
- Engage relevant technology research firms to obtain their ongoing updates and views on relevant topics
- Work with the Global Head Digital Commerce to ensure the broader team’s agenda is met
- Develop a team structure to meet the needs of all stakeholders in line with financial expectations
- Recruit and retain high performance individuals to maximise the success of design and delivery
- Work effectively with all partners such as IT, Segments, Products, Digital Capabilities, UX/UI and Marketing teams, and all relevant stakeholders, Risk and Controls, eXellerator teams, etc. to maximize success
- Display awareness and understanding of the Operational Risk Framework for Retail Banking
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating Operational Risks pertaining to process changes in Client Journeys
- Responsible for client journeys on digital banking
- Ensure risk ratings for each applicable process is kept within agreed thresholds
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure / capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- Interprets relevant data and identifies key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Displays awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory %26amp; Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Digital Data %26amp; Strategy team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global CEO, Retail Banking
- Global Head, Digital Banking
- Global Head, Digital Commerce
- Global Head, Design %26amp; Client Experience
- Global Head, Digital Programs
- Global Head, Digital Marketing
- Group Head External Communications
- Retail Banking Management Team (RBMT)
- Regional/ Country CEOs
- Regional/ Country CIOs
- Regional Head, Retail Banking
- Regional Head, Digital Banking
- Global Head, Retail Products
- Global Head, Technology, Retail Banking Products
- COO, Retail Products, Digital %26amp; Segments
- Head, Retail Risk Operations
- FCC, Retail Banking
- Operational Risk, Retail Banking
- Legal and Compliance, Retail Banking
- ITO, Retail Banking
- Country and Regional Heads
Qualifications %26amp; Skills Required:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior level corporate role within digital banking and mobile banking management
- Proven transformational leadership skills with first-class communication skills
- Compelling vision of the future of digital and translation into effective strategies and actions
- Strong understanding and proven experience about agile delivery, scrum framework, Product Ownership, backlog management. CSPO certificate is a plus.
- Energy and desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyse situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions
- Application of in-depth knowledge and best practices consistently
- Strong collaboration, consensus building, problem resolution and communication skills are a prerequisite
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.