Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CTO oversees technology-related strategies, initiatives, resources and advises the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to establish a technology vision and innovation road map for the company – i.e. a strategic shaper.
As the CTO, and a member of the SLT, you will provide vision, direction, and leadership in using technology to drive digital transformation and to develop and deliver technology roadmaps that will guide those transformations which complement the organisation’s vision.
The roadmaps will also be a guide to develop the future needs of the company.
You shall be working with the SLT and external vendors to oversee technology operations and accelerate the use of technology to drive organisation strategic IT improvements and outcomes.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Required Skills & Experience
- The CTO will lead and own the engineering side of the organisation and work in unison with the company product strategy as well as sales leadership.
- This would include having regular/daily meetings with the SLT, Head of Product, CEO, and Sales leadership.
- The CTO will manage all aspects of technical architecture, including leading code development and being a hands-on developer.
- Show experience building resilient API’s and robust scalable platforms.
- Monitor the development of new technologies, assess their value-add potential and applicability for adoption within the business domains of the company
- Advise and influence technology directions at the C-suite level by providing technical vision to complement the business vision
- Develop long-term technology strategies with the view to engender innovation and realize greater synergies in enhancing operational effectiveness and service delivery.
- Protect the business by ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations for the use of data and technology across all territories, including making the company ISO compliant.
- Cyber capability Definition and Assessment, Identity and Access Management (IAM), IT Security
- Strategies and Processes, Governance, Risk and Compliance, responsible for breaches in both security and privacy, leads investigations of security breaches and pursues the appropriate protocols.
- Conceptualize, oversee and drive the implementation of strategic technology projects by leveraging on knowledge in technology, data analytics as well as networks in research academia and applying these in the respective business domains.
- Promote the use of emerging and novel technologies within the organisation in order to seed digital transformative initiatives.
- Demonstrate passion for technology and the acumen to recognise technologies appropriate for adoption in different business domains.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically the ability to relate to and communicate effectively with IT/engineering professionals, business functions owners and senior management.
- Drive upstream research to support strategic programmes such as Artificial Intelligence R&D, next generation Green Data Centre, Human Machine Collaborations etc.
- Provide outstanding management abilities and a demonstrated track record of leadership and be responsible for building, training and managing a development team that is agile and can deliver results under time constraints.
- There is also an existing pipeline of projects and systems that you will be expected to join and hit the ground running, taking charge of their implementation and adoption.
- In addition, you will develop and continue with the development of the technology roadmap, prepare business cases and cost/benefit analysis of new initiatives.
- You should demonstrate a proven ability to anticipate customer needs and future, emerging trends and to articulate a vision and strategy that motivate others to action.
- In addition, you should possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build strong and collaborative relationships with diverse and demanding internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, creative decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
• Proven experience developing desktop and mobile web applications
• Proven experience deploying mass market, highly scalable AWS/Cloud applications
• Proven involvement in ISO27001/ISO27701 Information Security Management / Privacy Certifications
• Experienced in code review and analysis
• Familiarity with common stacks
• Excellent knowledge of multiple back-end technologies (Java, Node JS, Express JS, Spring Framework)
• Excellent knowledge of multiple front-end technologies (e.g. HTML/ CSS, Angular, React, Typescript)
• Familiarity with databases (e.g. Strong SQL skills, PostgresSQL)
• Familiarity with CI/CD principles, tools & implantation
• Previous experience of Feature Toggling as part of CD is a plus
• Docker/Kubernetes experience is a plus
• Comfortable using LINUX
• Code versioning using GIT
• Experience managing multiple Agile teams
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Great attention to detail
• Organisational skills
• An analytical mind
• Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
If you are an experienced CTO, or a current Head or VP of Development and think you have what it takes to fill this role, please get in touch.