Title : CONTRACT MANAGER CUM QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Exp : Min - 5 Max - 20
Location : Selangor
Position Summary :
A Contract Manager shall be responsible for execution of works from the initial planning to completion of work. Be the main point of contact for clients, site managers, consultants and sub-contractors throughout the project, meet with clients to understand what they want to do put together plans and estimates, including budgets and timescales prepare and present documents for tenders contribute to work planning, and brief project teams, contractors and suppliers agree any extra work to be done within set timescales and agreed cost gather all information together for invoicing at the end of the project supply information to resolve disputes if they arise identify areas for improvement in existing contracting processes work closely with other construction professionals, including construction managers, quantity surveyors and planning engineers. Oversee health and safety at work sites with compliance to relevant
legislations.Responsibility & Authority
- Purchasing Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements,Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of customer proposed terms and conditions
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information
- sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy.
- Identify all associated risk, mitigated to contain cost and protect the company.
- Work with Finance/Project Director to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies, etc. May include ‘financial engineering’ and
- understanding / evaluating economic impact of terms and term options.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support
- Responsible for managing all office and site-based activities to ensure that all project contracts are delivered on time, to the required standards within budget,
- whilst maximising client satisfaction.
- Working with all members of project team including clients, vendors, consultants, suppliers, subcontractors, labour suppliers, relevant authorities,
- etc. to execute projects efficiently, with timescales and cost control.
- Working with quantity surveyor giving fortnightly, monthly or as requested by management, all costs collated to variations on site/projects.
- Agree job programmes with Site Managers and monitor progress. Communicate programme and subsequent changes to all affected parties.
- Intervene and agree action plans to recover delays where possible. Ensure timely request for and delivery of all information that is on the programme critical path.
- Identify variations to contract that will impact on the programme and ensure programme is revised to accommodate them.
- Compile such reports as required to demonstrate progress against programme and budget.
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc.)
- To be Responsible for all tender submission in a timely manner.
Quality Control and Compliance
- Compile procurement schedules and liaise with purchasing department for site supply and specialist requirements, specifying deadlines.
- Ensure enquiries for tender packages which are sent to sub-contractors and suppliers so that orders can be placed in time to meet programme.
- Select sub-contractors to ensure level of competence and of existing workload are consistent with the nature of the contract.
- Create and maintain database of material suppliers, pricing etc and continuously update with new suppliers and current prices
- Create additional chain of suppliers, negotiate best price/deals, terms, credit limit etc. Client Relations & Liaison (including clients’ professional representatives)
- Represent the company at site/project or for client meetings.
- Record and distribute minutes of meetings when it is agreed as it is the
- company’s responsibility to do so.
- Maintain a flow of timely information to the client as to progress and cost.
- Obtain agreement to variations.
- Justify and obtain formal agreement of unavoidable delays to minimise penalty
- clause claims.
- Resolve any client-related issues or disputes referred by site managers. Receive
- client/architect/consultant’s instructions and communicate with them and all
- those affected.
- On completion and hand-over, compile a report for the contract containing all
- relevant information, user instructions and guarantees and arrange for its
- delivery to the client.
- Assist the Project director in arranging and hosting promotional events and
- entertainment for clients and professional contacts.
- Operations and Work-force Management
- Monitor organisation and methods to ensure maximum efficiency. Set common
- operational standards throughout sites.
- Ensure that an adequate workforce is available to enable completion of contracts
- to programme, whilst minimising payroll cost.
- Provide technical support to Site Managers. Hold regular progress review
- meetings and review labour requirements with Site Manager. Ensure all
- personnel recruitment and induction procedures are completed to ensure
- compliance with relevant legislations, Health and Safety at work.
- Liaise with sub-contracted trades to ensure good relations are maintained and
- our performance requirements are clearly communicated.
- In conjunction with other project Managers, maintain company-wide overview of
- sub-contract labour and trades availability to suit our programmes, avoiding
- over-commitment of sub-contractors.
- Review sub-contractor performance on completion of contracts, giving feedback
- where appropriate.
- Monitor methods and output to ensure that required quality standards are achieved at minimum cost and that the requirement for snagging is minimal. Agree snagging list with client or contract administrator. Communicate snagging list to all affected parties, monitor for timely completion and obtain client signoff.
- Monitor output to ensure compliance with any other prevailing legislation. Liaise with client to resolve any issues.
- Health & Safety Compliance Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant
- legislation and regulations, including the company H & S Policy, to minimise the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims.
- Introduce better systems, procedures, carry out other duties which are consistent with the
- knowledge and skills possessed and are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contracts or
- for attainment of the goals of the business.
Diploma or Degree in construction/building management, building engineering/studies,construction engineering management or civil/structural engineering/ quantity surveyor.Skills
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to motivate others
- Team working skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in related field