About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%26#39;s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%26#39;re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
The Control Assurance Manager is a permanent non-people leader role with the following responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Control Assurance and Conformance Testing to deliver control assurance activities.
- Drive, guide and work with T%26amp;I domains/countries and the respective risk managers in the control assessment activities across T%26amp;I
- Assess the adequacy of existing controls within T%26amp;I to ensure completeness, asset coverage, and alignment to IT Policy and Standards
- Deliver control assessment review reports and document workpapers to evidence the review process and cycle
- Draft narratives documenting findings and assessment results as well as articulating risk and impact to the Bank
- Additional responsibilities will include participating in any ad-hoc or regulatory based control assurance activities as part of the T%26amp;I Risk and Control assurance agenda and strategy
- Responsible to develop and maintain the Control Self-Assessment methodology, templates (checklist, questionnaire, test scripts/plan, summary reports) and process documentation required for Control Self-Assessment review activities
- Tracking and monitoring of material actions and risks arising from T%26amp;I Control Self-Assessment activities (e.g. Control Self-Assessment Review outcome, action assigned etc) and escalate as appropriate T%26amp;I Control Assessment Lead
- Prepare regular reporting on T%26amp;I Control Self-Assessment program for various stakeholders
- Strong control mindset, role-modelling the importance of good governance and able to demonstrate courage in challenging processes or practices that fail to deliver a well-controlled business
- Time and project management %26ndash; being able to deliver outcomes within the stipulated testing timeframe and phases
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to multitask
- Strong analytical thinking with ability to clearly and succinctly present trends and highlight material findings
- Must possess the coordination and interpersonal skills required to work across various functions and seniority level globally and locally
- Must have strong written %26amp; verbal communication skills, report writing skills are required
- Must be self-motivated, and have an ability to work well where team are based offshore
People and Talent
- Support the Head of Control Assurance and Conformance Testing to design and implement the Control Self-Assessment review methodology and ensure that the Control Self-Assessment review deliverables meets the quality standards set out in the methodology
- Contribute in the development of knowledge base of controls for Control Self-Assessment purpose
Not applicable. This role does not have main responsibilities related to people and talent mattersRisk Management
- Contribute to the team to ensure that all activities are in line with and support of the Operational principal risk type under the Bank%26rsquo;s ERMF
- Drive the adoption of risk management framework through Control Self-Assessment review and/or thematic review
Regulatory %26amp; Business Conduct
- Support the Head of Control Assurance and Conformance Testing to develop the annual plan and manage the execution of the plan to achieve the target on quality, timeline and budget
- Produce trend analysis of common control failures and thematic issues to enable a holistic view of risk management and control assurance
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group%26rsquo;s Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Technology %26amp; Innovation (T%26amp;I) Domain heads and process owners
- T%26amp;I Domain risk managers and teams
- T%26amp;I Risk Control
- Country CIO
- Country Technology and Risk %26amp; Control teams
- Group Operational risk
- CISO / ISO
- Group Internal Audit
Our Ideal CandidateBasic Qualifications:
- Adopt Here for Good and the Group%26rsquo;s brand and values.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures where relevant.
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree in computer science, software engineering, business management, accounting, finance or related field.
- Minimum seven (7) years of technology risk and/or technology audit experience, preferably in financial institution
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Controls and Technology systems.
- Solid understanding of Risk Management areas, control testing, risk and control assessment process and audit fundamentals
- Knowledge of key Financial Institution regulations and background with the Financial Services Industry
- Interpreting and applying regulatory rules to IT control libraries and articulating the impact of control failures
- Strong understanding of financial institution technology operations.
- CISA or similar testing/audit qualifications are considered an advantage.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.