The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
- Process employees payroll according to established processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies and local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Execute all payroll related service requests and inquiries under Operations team with quality and in a timely manner meeting the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) and internal Key Performance Indicator (KPI).
- Analyze, clarify, and resolve operation issues and enquiries by working closely with relevant counterparts. All unsolved and potential operational issues are escalated timely according to establish escalation process, with detailed analysis provided to manager.
- Work with manager in managing customers expectations, support manager in implementing initiatives which result to process standardization, harmonization, and process improvements.
- Maintain mutual respect and credibility relationship with Country HR (CHR), Regional HR (RHR), BASF employees and other strategic stakeholders.
- Work with manager in attending to relevant feedback received during country discussion, monthly operations review meeting and other forms of Customer Feedback. Discuss with manager and team to take actions and implement appropriate solutions which contribute to improvement of customer satisfaction level.
- Collaborate with other related BASF and BSSCKL teams to ensure quality and customer oriented service are delivered to HR on responsible area, and at the same time compliance to standard operation procedures (SOP).
Operational Excellence & Cost Efficiency
- Ensure all deliverables in scopes are meeting service level offering mutually agreed with the Local Companies as well as BSSCKL internal KPI.
- Ensure all defined control process and structured checking are executed by self, to ensure deliverables under responsible are 100% accurate.
- Take on 2nd Reviewer role as assigned and perform 100% check to ensure deliverables on responsible area are accurate.
- Ensure all issues/errors/non-compliance are captured in the Quality Management System (QMS) accurately, quality description and accordingly to the QMS guideline on timely manner.
- Ensure quality of ticket handling by:
- Ensure ticket are logged, handled according to guidelines.
- Ensure all tickets are with accurate rectification/correction/solution provided to requestor.
- Ensure clear, accurate and complete solution or response is provided.
- Shortest resolution time and resulting to zero re-open tickets.
- Follow the defined escalation process. If inconsistency of data maintenance or processes found during daily work, highlight the differences and impact of these differences for further evaluations.
- Collaborate with other team members to establish and maintain a confidential and sensitive work environment, focusing on customer service by handling all customer requests in a professional manner.
- Complete the buddy training with the core team and to act as a back-up for team members to deliver and manage customers expectations as and when required.
- Ensure all periodic activities under responsible areas are triggered and planned in a timely manner. Manage customers expectations by regularly review periodic activity timeline, agreed deliverables or scope to ensure no delay in delivery and smooth operations.
- Ensure Operations Review Meeting is conducted with CHR or relevant stakeholder on monthly basis/regular basis. All discussed item are properly documented and necessary actions are taken to ensure all open items are closed.
- Perform system related testing as per requirement. All tested outputs are capture accordingly. Follow up and escalate timely with respective party to ensure fixes or changes can be delivered on time.
Standardization & Convergence
- Contribute towards providing standard BSSCKL services to all our customers by clarifying or educating our customer on BSSCKL Scope of Service. Escalate or highlight to manager on non-standard service offering, or inconsistency of data maintenance or processes identified.
- Actively identify improvement areas on daily operational processes or on SAP HR system. Support and execute the identified improvements initiative which brings impact to the improvement on operation's productivity, efficiency, standardization and harmonization.
- Ensure up-to-date documentation is maintained, all processes and procedures are understandable and executed in compliance to the Internal Audit, Regional Audit, FRC, ISO and any other certification requirements.
- Ensuring that services are delivered in accordance with established processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies and local company legal and statutory requirements.
Employer of Choice
- Support departmental or company initiatives as and when required. Flexible in taking on new responsibilities, open to new ideas and contributing ideas, work as team to achieve stated goal.
- Generously provide guidance and sharing knowledge with new team member. Take on the buddy trainer role as assigned.
- Contribute positively to a knowledge sharing environment by ensuring all work related relevant documents are updated and available in knowledge database for team reference.
Frequent cooperation within BASF Group
- Business Partners in Local company.
- Other Teams within BSSCKL.
- Manager, Team Lead and team members within HR Services Division.
Degree of Supervision Required in the job
- Work is regularly supervised.
- Preferably graduate with a Bachelor's degree.
- With 2 years of Payroll processing or related HR working experiences.
- Preferably experience and familiar working with a world-class HR system (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft).
- Preferably experience in a shared service/outsourcing environment.
- Experience working in large and diverse teams.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Strong processing skills and analytical abilities (inclination for Mathematics/Finance/Problem solving).
- Customer service mindset with strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Understanding of HR principals and/or Employee Laws.
- Functional knowledge and skills in using Microsoft application i.e. Words, Excel, Power Point.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Knowledge of any other Asian languages will be an added advantage.
- Depending on the supported country, the relevant incumbent is required to have proficiency in speaking and writing the respective country language.