About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
A Data Analyst interprets data and helps turn it into information that enables or improves a business process, thus affecting business decisions. Data Analysts gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends to make it digestible for others. They must have strong analytical skills, but above all have a burning curiosity to understand, and make sense of, data. They will work closely with:
- Data Managers, who define the team's business requirements, objectives, strategy and priorities
- Data Engineers, who design and implement the processes by which data is collected and generated
- Data Quality Analysts, who define data quality control requirements and oversee these on a day to day basis to ensure constant system health
- Upstream data teams, who provide the data that the analyst is sourcing
- Downstream Process Owners, who depend on the data to perform their business function
Data Analysts spend much of their time working with stakeholders to define data requirements, data transformation logic and supporting the delivery of these requirements from start to finish. They are experts in profiling data to understand its contents and will also have a working understanding of the business process or product that generated it in the first place. Data Analysts are the entry point to the FCC Data Team for most external stakeholders and as such will have a broad, but still detailed, understanding of all the data available and constantly seek opportunities for innovation and expansion. They are the primary liaison between up- and downstream teams.Responsibilities for FCC Data Analysts:
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Define clear, concise and detailed business requirements for FCC Data that clearly document the data elements and formats that are needed, outline detailed transformation expectations and list the critical data elements that will enable downstream processes to operate effectively
- Create and maintain documentation that articulates the process by which data is extracted, transformed and loaded in FCC that can be shared and understood by others
- Work with downstream FCC business process owners to constantly improve, refine and expand the datasets to improve the quality and effectiveness of those processes, as well as help them to make sense of the data, providing training where required, and derive meaningful BI / MI
- Conduct detailed analysis of upstream changes that impact FCC data - for example the introduction of a new products - to ensure that requirements remain up to date and define any new ones as necessary
- Identify areas of overlap or data gaps that can lead to increased value, either by eliminating redundant processes or expanding existing data models
- Produce accurate and insightful dashboards and reports detailing the health, content and insights available from the data, making that actionable for stakeholders and meaningful for management decision making
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/[team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience as business change analyst in financial markets related banking products
- Degree (or similar) in Engineering and MBA is preferred
- A strong understanding of Cash Management systems or Payment Systems or Core Banking functionality / data flows - will be desired
- Good understanding of systems and data flows in Financial Crime Compliance / Anti Money Laundering etc. will be an added advantage
- Able to seamlessly move and translate between detailed functional data requirements and non-technical general terms
- The ability to write clear, concise and detailed business requirements that can be understood by data engineers and developers as well as business stakeholders
- Strong understanding of Cash Management systems or Payment Systems or Core Banking functionality / data flows - will be desired
- Competence with data profiling tools and methodologies (SQL at a minimum), with a preference for dedicated and sophisticated tools such as Paxata or Tableau
- Familiar with data documentation, delivery workflow and defect tracking tools - JIRA and Confluence in particular
- Demonstrated experience in handling and understanding large datasets and relational databases
- Experience in analytical roles with a large technical component, although not necessarily from a purely data perspective (e.g. they may have prior working knowledge of upstream or downstream processes that is relevant from a data perspective)
- Evidenced ability to execute and enhance a process to maintain data transformation requirements over time and constantly seek to improve these
- High quality written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to focus on multiple initiatives and data subjects (types of data or varying sources of data) at the same time
- Evidence a very strong attention to detail, reflecting the very low tolerance for error in FCC data
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.