Primary Location: ASEAN & South Asia-Malaysia-Petaling Jaya
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Why work at Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank have been helping corporate and institution clients to manage their global investing and financing needs for over 150 years. But it’s not just their long history that makes the bank a unique place to be. They’re proud to live up to their brand promise: Here for good. Ethics, integrity and sustainability are what their reputation’s built on. And that promise applies just as much within the organisation as it does to how they do business. Dedicated to giving everyone a safe place to innovate within a uniquely diverse workforce, it’s an environment where people are part of a truly international team, with a real voice. Here, you’ll have the freedom to make an impact and a difference through your work.
The Delivery Manager is responsible for managing projects from initiation to completion, and handover to production support. This is inclusive of management of financial, schedule, scope of work, business requirements, resources, partners, vendors, users, stakeholders, and management.
Project Delivery, Planning and Tracking
- Manage projects from initiation to completion, paying diligent control over schedule and scope
- Weekly maintenance of a project plan and accurate schedule
- Proactively identify and immediately highlight to PM/Management any schedule/dependency issues
Project Governance, Process and Standards
- Understands and works with SCB Project Governance processes and tools, demonstrated by zero non compliance issues
- Provides effective coordination and timely minutes of the various project forums
- Contribute to, analyses and produce management information on regular cycles as required
- Communicate status (including risks and issues) to central project reporting functions on time without being chased
- Manages project budgets, control spending against planned cost
- Analyses any variance and take necessary corrective action to stay on Green status for Cost, provides timely forecasts and reporting as needed
Risk & Issue Management
- Identify risks and issues early in their existence and maintain and track the project risk and issue registers on a weekly basis
- Produce and manage documented, specific resolution action plans, actively seeking to close open items by working with risk/issue ‘owners.
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationship with stakeholders
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept aware of project status, risks & issues (‘no surprises’)
Project Team Leadership
- Create strong credibility for self within the project team based on respect
- Drive team members toward delivering on their commitments
Qualifications & Skills
- University graduate.
- At least 7 years of work experience in application development or business analysis, preferably in a bank, with at least 2 years in project management.
- Knowledge of ATM Switch, VISA/MasterCard interface, ISO 8583 message specification and debits cards would be a strong advantage.
- Ability to multi-task, ie. handle multiple small projects simultaneously.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good oral communication and business English writing skills.
- Experience managing global teams and third party vendors.