Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
Digitalization will be a true part of BASF's DNA that creates new exciting customer experiences and business growth as well as drives efficiencies in processes. Global Digital Services is supporting BASF business in Digitalization transformation. Our mission is to drive forward the digital transformation of BASF, providing innovative, global and high-quality digital products and services through a strong agile culture. The Digital Hub Kuala Lumpur is one of our global key locations to deliver regional and global solutions for BASF.
In this role, you will:
Development and Support (DevOps) of Product 'Detailed Planning and Scheduling'
- Understand and challenge the functional requirement and implement it within SAP APO PP/DS
- Working in an agile way within a virtual global team
- Working on user stories, actively pull and take over tasks and work self-organized
Digitization / innovation
Act as a Global / Regional representative of BASF Digital community, supporting BASF Digital roadmap, helping GDS to identify, execute and implement customer-centric digital solutions in an actionable and measurable way.
- Self-organized work in an agile team and quickly buildup knowledge of specific BASF processes in the planning environment such as KM2, IDT and existing BASF template solutions in the APO environment after joining APO Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PPDS) Squad
- Conduct technical analysis of tickets raised from Supply Chain Planning users.
- Reproduction of examples in the application, debugging, clarification of details with the users, working out solutions
- Support the current APO PPDS project implementation projects as APO PPDS Squad team members.
- Creation of solution designs as part of the template processes
- Continuous improvement of the existing applications through adjusting, optimizing and redesigning existing programs
- Transfer the current supply chain management development within module SAP APO PP/DS into SAP S/4 ePP/DS
- Align with SAP to move BASF customer development within a possible partnership back to SAP standard, advising internal customers on changes to the existing solutions/templates
- A university degree in Computer Science, informatics, business informatics or in a comparable field
- Minimum 13 years supply chain planning related working experience
- Excellent communication skill in English with customers/Internal business partners
- Debugging Experience
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain planning related solutions
- Process knowledge of supply chain planning in areas of SAP APO PPDS
- Experiencing Agile way of working or agile implementation approach
- Strong Digital mindset to accelerate BASF Digitalization transformation journey
- Openness to new trends and innovative solutions
- Ability to work in a multicultural team spread across the global
- Technical affinity
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Digital technology e.g.: RPA / automation, Power Platform, Machine leaning / artificial intelligence, etc
- Automated Testing
- ERP knowledge in the area of manufacturing
- Agile Certification from Scrum Alliance, or SAFe (or others)
- Experience with LeanUX, Design Thinking
- Knowledge of Atlassian Tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Programming Language: SAP ABAP
- SAP ABAP Unit Testing
- Pair Programming
- SAP Fiori Development
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.