Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
Digitalization will be a true part of BASF's DNA that creates new exciting customer experiences and business growth as well as drives efficiencies in processes. This is our digital VISION for BASF.
Global Digital Services (GDS) is supporting BASF business in Digitalization transformation. Our MISSION is to drive forward the digital transformation of BASF, providing innovative, global and high-quality digital products and services through a strong agile culture.
Part of the GDS strategy, BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur (BSSCKL) is one of the established Digital Hub for APAC region.
Order Management Solutions creates, delivers and runs digital applications for users managing Sales & Distribution activities in the movement of goods between BASF divisions and end-customers. Working agile, we enable functionality of core systems & processes. We partner and consult with stakeholders to innovate solutions proactively across multiple technology platforms to anticipate future needs.
The DevOps Engineer will be part of a team that is end-to-end accountable for order management solutions with focus on the APAC region. The order management APAC team is ensuring that customer requirements are understood, analyzed and translated to IT products in an agile fashion using the Scrum framework. The team is responsible for development and operations of the respective SAP application. The Senior DevOps Engineer will be part of the Scrum development team and work on backlog items in a self-organized way.
- Develop, configure and run complex applications in the area of SAP SD.
- Working on user and system generated tickets that cannot be solved by the Support desk. This comprises analysis of the issues, implementation of solutions, instruction and training of the affected user.
- Implementation through development (ABAP/ ABAP OO / Adobe Forms) and/or customizing in SAP and of relevant digital applications.
- Support change requests / projects, including efforts estimation and solution design. Thereafter, ensure further development, evolution and optimization.
- Design of possible technical solutions for subject-specific business requirements in coordination with other DevOps engineers and internal business partners within BASF.
- Design and implementation of prototypes using new technologies such as S/4 HANA, Fiori, API and in a distributed system landscape (SAP UI5, Cloud or mobile applications)
- Collaboration with external partners and internal BASF customers.
- Active participation in Scrum events, proactive, self-organized pulling of tasks from an agile backlog.
- Support of the BASF Digital roadmap, helping GDS to identify, execute and implement customer-centric digital solutions in an actionable and measurable way.
- Degree in Computer Science, informatics, business informatics or in a comparable field
Required skills / experience
- Minimum 4-6 years related working experience with complex SAP applications knowledge of Sales & Distribution processes.
- At least 3 SAP project lifecycle implementation experience is desirable
- Functional knowledge regarding processes in SD / Order-to-Cash
- Good knowledge of SAP SD customizing.
- ABAP programming knowledge
- Strong Digital mindset to accelerate BASF Digitalization transformation journey
- Agile mindset, self-organized way of working.
- Working under international environment is a must. English language by default.
Desired skills / experience
- Programming experience with ABAP OO, ABAP unit testing, SAP Fiori UI
- Experience with agile frameworks like Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with S/4 HANA
- Knowledge of EDI, IDoc and ABAP-Proxy communication
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com