About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
The Trust, Data & Resilience (TDR) organisation adopts a high-performing and accountable culture that is focused on faster decision making and doing what's best for the client. The TDR organisation includes the following: Automation and Insights, Controls, Cyber Security Services, Data & Privacy, Information Cyber Security Transformation Portfolio, Third Party Security Risk & Resilience.
The CISO and COO of TDR is responsible for providing reporting to key forums such as the SC Board, Non-Finance Risk Committees, Operations Management as well as External Regulators. It is central to ensuring the Bank's ability to meet its commitments to internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, as well as maintaining an acceptable progress and risk profile that is regularly reported to the Board.
We are now looking for a high energy, independent operator to join the expanding team in the TDR COO (Services) team. This resource will be required to work with each of the management team and key stakeholders to ensure all reporting is managed effectively and in a timely manner. This role is primarily focused on ensuring we are closely managing reporting commitments and making available the timely and accurate provision of information to the relevant Management Team and Board Level risk committees, board meetings and key regulators as required. The individual will be continuously looking to improve our existing reporting working with the relevant stakeholders and partners.Strategy
- Engage with relevant TDR MT members to deliver the end to production of relevant artefacts (papers, dashboards, speaking notes etc)
- Implement quality control for artefacts, such as independent validation checks on submissions received, adherence to BEAGLE 2.0 principles etc
- Work in close conjunction with relevant Committee Secretariats and Business Managers for timely submission and closure of post committee obligations
- Maintain strong stakeholder engagement with the TDR and broader Technology teams for early engagement and gathering of information to be utilised in artefacts
People and Talent
- Maintain and update all reporting commitments to ensure timely reviews with MTs and submissions
- Simplify and enhance reporting processes
- Contribute to problem solving skills, such as utilising A3s within projects by supporting development initiatives.
- Stay connected with broader TDR team's people agenda and development approaches.
- Closely track timeline and content commitments to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Escalate appropriately to ensure necessary decisions are made in a timely manner
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to appropriate committees.
- Ensure appropriate oversight and facilitate resolution of high impact risk and issues, with regular report to management and key stakeholders as required.
- Partner with senior leaders to ensure enablement deliverables are completed on time and within scope.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- COO Trust, Data & Resilience Management Team
- Group CISRO & Team
- Committee Secretariats
- Business Managers
- Group Corporate Secretary
- Diploma / Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7-10 years of relevant Risk Management or Compliance experience within the financial services industry
- Extensive and Practical experience in culture and change management
- Prior experience in producing high quality regulatory and c-suite level artefacts
- Strong analytical mindset
- Excellent command of the English Language
- Spot Opportunities
- Solve Problems
- Take the Lead
- Build Resilience
- Deliver Sustainably
- Achieve Results
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.