About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. Role Responsibilities Strategy
- To identify, measure, limit and monitor liquidity risk and interest rate risk in the banking book (IRRBB) exposures taken in-country and incorporate these in the development and implementation of a strategy.
- Develop proactive engagement with country ALCO in pursuit of sustainable and profitable balance sheet growth aligned to strategy.
- Support Regional Treasurer's balance sheet optimisation drives through ALCO.
- Work with the businesses on balance sheet optimisation strategies including but not limited to optimal asset and liability mix to manage liquidity are banking book rate risk (IRRBB) while optimising returns.
- Ensure the Liquidity and IRRBB sub risk types under the Capital and Liquidity RTF are complied with in country, this includes:
- Implementing group policy and standard requirements in country. Ensuring dispensations for any local requirements are obtained and documenting differences in Country-Balance Sheet Manual.
- Develop and prepare local policy or country addendums where required. (Ownership of local policies & framework sits with ALCO/RALCO for local governance.)
- Supporting system roll-out in country as required.
- Reviewing and challenging the report produced by GFS/ GLRR.
- SME for IRRBB and Liquidity for any local regulatory requirements through provision of feedback/input on draft local regulations.
- Drive the FTP standards with the support of the CFO through
- Identifying sub optimal outcomes and working with CFO/Group team to find solutions
- Assisting in the roll out of FTP tools and systems where required.
- Acting as SME and point of contact for any queries around the policy and framework.
- Support Treasury Markets / Trading Desks in MAT proposals and deliberation at Country ALCO.
- Support CFO for any local resolution plans. Including:
People and Talent
- Assisting assist Regional Treasurer / Country finance in rolling out country RRP and conduct Fire drills.
- Presenting and discussing fire drills assessment to ALCO and central RRP team.
Provide leadership, set direction and oversee the liquidity risk and IRRBB monitoring function in area of responsibility.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Motivate, train and where necessary counsel staff in the unit with a view to improve teamwork, efficiency and productivity
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Control and supervise management of liquidity risk and IRRBB. This includes the monitoring of limits/Limits, excess management, and costs within delegated authorities.
- Escalate breaches in accordance with Escalation procedures & propose remediation plan for structural metrics to RTs where required.
- Notify CRO of temps that are granted within the approved framework. (Any temps outside of the agreed framework require the Treasury CRO team to approve).
- Report local limit excesses to the local ALCO committee and to the Group through
- Escalating significant risks and issues material to the country.
- Ensuring appropriate management actions are being taken to mitigate their impact.
- Ensuring such events are recorded in the appropriate reporting system.
- Conduct and provide BAU & ad hoc Liquidity & IRRBB risk analysis to relevant stakeholders as required.
- Support CFO / CCRO in interactions with local regulators, rating agencies, internal & external auditors in matters pertaining to Liquidity & IRRBB. (Responses on findings should be approved by RT).
- Support CFO / CCRO in various Board meetings/governance activities for matters pertaining to liquidity risk & IRRBB.
- Contribute to Enterprise Stress Testing (ICAAP, local enterprise stress testing, ILAAP) through
- Providing expert advice on the scenario setting and script stress liabilities for RST and other liquidity stress test.
- Providing IRRBB and Basis Risk P2 assessment for ICAAP.
- Act as SME for any local regulatory or internal liquidity stress testing including defining parameters and implementation.
- Self-assessment of risk for ILAAP.
- Work closely with the Group team in the implementation/communication of changes in stress testing methodology, where appropriate
- Country Addendums (CAs) input and approval for liquidity and IRRBB in consultation with global teams as necessary.
- Recommend and set local Board Risk Appetite metrics where required for liquidity and IRRBB risk. Ensure that it does not conflict with Group metrics.
- Manage the country Treasury Liquidity team independently from the business and ensure that the function is adequately resourced with an appropriate number of competent staff.
- Ensure that there are appropriate and documented internal controls and procedures in place. Monitor the operation of such procedures and controls and regularly review them to ensure that they reflect any changes in products, systems, policy and regulations.
The following responsibilities apply in respect of the Group's systems and controls. A. Organisation:
Support Regional Office to establish organization structure for liquidity risk and IRRBB monitoring function in area of responsibility with clear reporting lines.
Allocate appropriate responsibility, accountability and authority to direct reports. Ensure clarity of information flow, escalation or concerns and communication of organizational change. B. Compliance and Accounting Policies:
For Treasury Liquidity functions under area of responsibility, ensure adherence with Group Compliance policies, standards and codes, including Money Laundering. C. Risk Assessment:Balance Sheet Risk - Liquidity & IRRBB
Ensure business activities comply with the agreed policies and standards in the area of Liquidity & IRRBB. Technology Risk
Policy and standards - Ensure Country Treasury Liquidity function operates within the agreed policies and standards. Operational Risk
Operational Risk Policy -To implement and maintain framework of procedures for monitoring, management and reporting of operational risk for Country Treasury Liquidity
- Maintain framework of procedures for monitoring, management and reporting of operational risk in your area of responsibility.
- Ensure completion of CST, KCI anf KRI via MetricStream (M7) system on a timely basis.
- Ensure issues are logged in M7 and escalated appropriately.
- Ensure that any BORF / CCRO meetings are attended and liquidity risk and IRRBB issues are addressed.
Policy and standards - ensure Country Treasury Liquidity operates within the policies and standards established for the Group. Finance Risk
Policy and standards - Ensure Country Treasury Liquidity operates within Group policies and local requirements. Product Risk
Policy and standards - assist to identify embedded product risk in-country, operate within the policies and standards. Fraud and Money Laundering Risk
Ensure that Treasury Liquidity in-country is within Group policies and legal requirements. D. Employees and agents:
Ensure implementation of local HR Policies in the team. E. Internal Audit and Investigations:
Ensure that appropriate remedial action is taken in response to adverse audit findings in area of responsibility. F. Remuneration policies:
Manage Treasury Liquidity function in area of responsibility within remuneration and perfomance framework established by Group HR policies. G. Business Continuity:
Establish and maintain framework for Group's management and contingency planning of Disaster Recovery, Crisis Management and Business Continuity for Group Risk functions in area of responsibility.
Establish and maintain framework for plans to be prepared and tested within Group policy for various local liquidity risk monitoring offices in areas of responsibility. H. Records:
Ensure Country Treasury Liquidity for Group Risk functions in area of responsibility operates in accordance with Group policies and standards. I. Management Information:
Establish and maintain framework to ensure the systems of management information in functions in area of responsibility are appropriate to the nature, scale and complexity of their operations. Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Country Treasury Liquidity team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Regional Treasurer
- Country ALCO (Including CFO / CCRO)
- Treasury Markets
- Financial Markets
- Legal and Compliance
- Treasury Policy Team
To act as Unit Operational Risk Manager (UORM). Assist in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the Business Unit level. Implement controls within the Business Unit to meet all regulatory and internal requirements. Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
Our Ideal Candidate
- To be the source of reference within the Business Unit in facilitating and promoting the understanding of OR and compliance requirements.
- Lead and support implementation of OR initiatives for the Business Unit.
- Proactively communicate with the SORO on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to SORO as appropriate.
- Coordinate and consolidate operational risk and loss reporting of the unit for the reporting to the SORO. Ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management. Ensure effectiveness of controls for compliance monitoring and risk management.
- Undertake and/or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities within the Business Unit and escalate findings and or breaches to SORO, when they occur.
- Ensure risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Assist SORO in the implementation of OR framework or other relevant OR initiatives.
- Could act as the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer (UMLPO), or cooperate with the UMLPO to ensure appropriate internal controls and procedures for money laundering prevention are in place and functioning as intended. Where appropriate, assist in the investigation of financial crime risks.
- Identify gaps and arrange training on compliance and OR for staff.
- 8+ years of banking experience
- Professional qualification in risk management, accounting and / or finance.
- Good knowledge of balance sheet management and other risk management concepts.
- Excellent analytical skills and sound judgement in a rapidly changing and often stressful environment.
- Good business acumen and multicultural sensitivity.
- Possess strong leadership qualities.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge and experience in Liquidity & Banking Book Interest Rate risks including but not limited to:
- applicable risk models and methodologies
- applicable risk regulations and guidelines
- workings of financial markets
- risk management system platforms
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
Visit our careers website