Job Description :
Are you looking for an opportunity to enhance your leadership capabilities by driving process improvement in a highly technical manufacturing environment If so, this Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As an Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer you will provide engineering and maintenance support to the manufacturing plants, utilities and site facilities operations (Solvent Recovery, AMOX, Utilities, Warehouses and Building Facilities Management) to consistently deliver plant production target capacity by ensuring maximum plant availability through continuous improvement so that equipment and facilities are maintained and optimized in accordance to current Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Engineering Practices and in compliance with EHS requirements. Lead and manage a team of Electrical & Instrumentation technicians to achieve the above purpose and drive performance.The role
- Lead and conduct criticality assessment and Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA) for critical equipment. Set up appropriate maintenance strategy and review effectiveness periodically. Identification of strategic spares and operational spares and recommendation of inventory level.
- Lead and facilitate the Hazardous Area Classification study and ensure relevant drawings and documentation are updated timely to reflect area classification change.
- Plan and co-ordinate predictive, preventive maintenance work, including breakdown maintenance and plant modification. Ensure timely closure of work orders in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responsible for conducting detailed root cause analysis for breakdown issues and implementing effective corrective and preventive actions timely.
- To participate in customer complaint investigation process and ensure that engineering related corrective actions are completed within the agreed timeline.
- Plan and co-ordinate engineering resources, including contractors, for effective plant turnaround to ensure the plant is started-up on schedule.
- Lead and conduct Safety Integrity Level (SIL) study for plant instrumentations and implementing robust mitigation plans.
- Lead and conduct risk assessment for identification of physical/chemical contamination as well as safety concerns (e.g. zero access) and implement robust mitigation plans.
- Carry out plant modifications and other identified plant improvement projects under defined specifications and budget. Ensure that all relevant validations e.g. Installation Qualification (IQ) & Operational Qualification (OQ) are carried out in accordance to approved procedures and standards.
- Provide input to the project team of capital projects, as well as, perform the relevant qualification.
- Promote and embrace GSK Production System (GPS) to drive Safety, Quality, Supply Performance and Continuous Improvement (CI) projects that lead to overall safety, quality and cost improvement e.g. improve equipment reliability, standardization, etc.
- Contribute to the development of annual Repair and Maintenance (R&M) budget of the section and manage/control cost to meet Operational Expense (OPEX) target.
- Monitor and enforce compliance measures [including EHS, Quality Management System (QMS) and Global Engineering Standards (GES)] within their specific discipline to ensure inspection readiness as well as active participation in an audit, gap analysis and timely closure of identified gaps. Includes establishing suitable work place risk assessments and adherence to permit-to-work system.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities and housekeeping are carried out in compliance with engineering standards and procedures. Carry out periodic review of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) / Instruction (INS) to maintain an inspection readiness state at all time.
- Provide input to Annual Validation Report to ensure timely completion of the report.
- Supervise, develop, and motivate a team of engineering technician to realize their maximum potential so as to contribute towards achieving the objectives of the site objectives.
- Provide necessary training and competency assessment to ensure that all technicians under his charge are adequately trained for the job.
- Lead and support in EHS and quality deviation investigation report using root cause failure analysis approach to develop effective corrective action and preventive action (CAPA).
- Monitor and track equipment performance using visual control board with leading and lagging indicators and take appropriate actions to improve equipment operating conditions.
- Support the development of Facility Master Plan (FMP) to ensure compliance to engineering standards, management of obsolescence, asset replacement as well as embark capital investments that deliver the most value to the business and maintain a secure source of supply for the site.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:Basic Qualifications:
- Degree in Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering
- Having at least 5 years of relevant experience; preferably in pharmaceutical or Petroleum industries
- Professional Engineer or License Electrical Worker is an advantage
- Basic awareness of industrial standards
- Good understanding of local regulatory codes and requirements
- Good understanding of failure modes, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA) and plant reliability programs
- Good knowledge on energy conservation program and management
- Basic project management skills
- Effective presentation and communication skills
GSK’s dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, etc. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply online.
Our goalis to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.