1) Ensures implementation of operational and financial management strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up; implementation of the effective internal control framework.
Finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
Ensures financial records are compliance with SOPs, IPSAS and other UNDP Financial Rules and Regulations
2) Provides accounting and finance support to COs and performs Global payroll functions focusing on achievement of the following results:
Proper review/validation of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NEX projects; preparation of all types of vouchers; Pay Cycle and payments execution.
Timely execution of pay cycle run and validation of payment data.
Timely review and approval of vouchers (Approver Level 1)
Approval of vendors in Atlas.
Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
Timely follow up with COs on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
Maintenance of the Accounts Receivables for country offices and ensures that deposits are created and applied on timely manner, and in accordance with guidelines, rules and regulations.
Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations in accordance with guidelines, rules and regulations.
Performs Payroll Administrator functions, which includes the recording of one time/recurring earnings and deductions, proper validation of payroll results for a timely disbursement of salaries as per the monthly payroll calendar.
Performs timely travel and expense reconciliation
Ensures proper adherence to Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and contributes to the establishment of a continuous improvement environment. Able to report and bring to Management’s attention on deviation from Service Agreements.
3) Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
Provides guidance and training to junior staff and other team members.
1) Assist in functions relating Procure-to-Pay lifecycle
2) Perform accounting tasks such as record invoice, analyses account payable and monitoring late payments, managing payment batches.
3) Analyze payable accounts and monitor aging of invoices
1) Record General Ledger transactions in area of Fixed Assets, Investment accounting, B2B, Inter - UN Agency transactions, Cash Management and Inventory.
2) Assist with analyzing of accounts and preparation of reconciliations against sub-ledgers with correct Chart of Account (COA) combinations; report aging balances; taking appropriate actions and tracking pending items.
3) Assist in ensuring financial data integrity through running scheduled checks and monitoring.
4) Support the implementation of accounts closure, perform quarterly analysis, semi / annual certifications, perform timely and quality bank reconciliation, report deviances; implementation of Internal Control Framework
5) Contribute in providing detail analysis for audit requirement
6) Contribute to the evolution of services proposed by GSSC, recording its activities, analyzing discrepancies and participating in continuous improvements.
7) Ensure financial records are compliance with SOPs, IPSAS and other UNDP Financial Rules and Regulations
1) Process revenue accounting and treasury transactions.
2) Examine and record transactions received in bank accounts
3) Analyse queries relating to revenue and treasury, and provide support to UNDP’s offices worldwide in these areas
4) Prepare financial schedules, reports and working papers for internal reporting, external reporting, or audit
5) Contribute to the evolution of services proposed by GSSC, recording its activities, analysing discrepancies, and participating in continuous improvements
UNDP, as an integral part of its mission to fight poverty and improve the lives of people around the world, is committed to being open, transparent and accountable. As part of this commitment, UNDP established the Global Shared Services Unit (GSSU) to serve UNDP’s network of offices (covering 166 countries around the world) in the provision of financial and accounting services.
As part of their growth expansion, they are looking to hire finance executives for their shared services based in Cyberjaya.
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content