Fixed Assets & General Ledger Accountant
Job Location : Petaling Jaya
City: Bandar Sunway
The Fixed Assets & General Ledger Accountant position is accountable for recording the cost of newly- acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible) and depreciation, tracking and monitoring existing fixed assets & Capital in Progress, accounting for the disposition of fixed assets, preparing journal entries relating to budget accrual estimation, prepayment allocation and balance sheet account analysis (reconciliation) which is essential for accurate corporate accounting reporting.
The incumbent primarily will be working closely with the various stakeholders in multiple countries globally (i.e. Country Accountant, Local Business & Project Manager) to ensure that the accounting service is delivered on time with quality.
He/ She will also be responsible in ensuring that all daily operational tasks performed are in accordance to USGAAP and Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) Control guidelines.
In this role, the Fixed Assets Accountant will be utilizing his/ her technical accounting expertise to provide the following support:
• Complete the month end closing within timelines
• Complete fixed assets acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system
• Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
• Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger
• Calculate and analyze depreciation movement for all fixed assets
• Maintain the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
• Monitor and track spending and timeframe on Capital in Progress (CIP) Projects
• Perform month-end closing (non-trade related calculation and journal entries posting) and relevant tasks
• Maintain general ledger data integrity via balance sheet reconciliation and identity issues, unreconciled and aged items
• Generate debit notes and credit notes (non-trade) in accordance to SOX control requirements
• Ensure that all tasks performed are SOX & GAAP Compliance
• Provide support and service requests from the business globally in a timely manner
• Involve in implementing systems and procedures changes
• Involve in ad hoc projects and migration
• Assist with requests from internal and/or external auditors
• Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent with one year of accounting experience.
• Prior work experience in a shared service and accounting environment
• Ability to complete moderately complex tasks under supervision
• Ability to follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situation or data from which answers can be readily obtained
• Ability to exercise judgment and apply job skills, company policy and procedures to complete assigned tasks and resolve repetitive problems
• Proficient in MS Office, MS Excel is a must
• •Ability to prioritize and work under tight timelines
• Good written and communication skills in English and Mandarin. Ability to work in a diverse culture
• Able to excel in a fast-paced environment
• Customer service and tasks oriented – committed to respond efficiently to the customers’ needs
and delivering quality work at all times
• Experience in accounting systems such as SAP is