About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
The role of the Shared Operations, Derivatives Operations Risk Manager is to partner and support Financial Markets Operations to proactively identify, quantify, prioritise and mitigate risks, improve controls and maintain focus on operational excellence and sustainable solutions.
Coverage areas include, but is not limited to, detailed specialist knowledge of Derivatives (Interest Rate, Commodities, Credit) and resultant front to back Operational processes. In addition good understanding of related Data (Client, Asset, Market and SSI). Solid understanding required of upstream and downstream dependant functions/processes e.g., Trading and Transaction Capture, Settlements and Payments, Margin etc.
People and Talent:
- Facilitate business growth alongside appropriate risk management
- Contribute to business strategic decision making (e.g., risk weighting across all FMO processes as part of the Standardization Journey)
- Monitor control execution trends and internal/external events to proactively identify non-financial risks
- Perform deep dive reviews and assesses risk metrics (losses, near miss incidents, control effectiveness data in order to identify top themes and trends.)
- Drive end to end risk assessment initiative to proactively identify and remediate control weaknesses within the Trade & Transaction reporting sphere and Regulatory Operations.
- Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive insight into the current and emerging profile for .
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the organization's frameworks for governance, risk and control.
- Contribute to the development of risk-oriented culture within the organization. Act as a ‘risk culture Ambassador
- Assist FMO team on the design and implementation of new controls and monitors required to fulfil new internal policy/regulatory requirements.
- continually assess effectiveness of controls, if they remain fit for purpose and redesign where necessary.
- Identify sources of risk through changes in the external environment, new regulation, new products, changes to business strategy, incidents, reviews and other measures of control effectiveness.
- Assess probability and impact of the risks and ensure capture of the risks against the relevant Process Universe in the Bank's risk monitoring system(s).
- Assess appropriateness of key risk indicators, continually assess effectiveness. Challenge thresholds where appropriate
- Ensure process universe is meaningful and reflective of key risk and controls
- Accountable for completing high quality and timely risk documentation - top risk profiles, residual risk assessments, risk treatment plans for material risk events elevated residual risk treatment plans, management action plans, risk committee papers
- Accountable for coordinating various global internal/external audits/reviews and liaising with various stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate information is provided.
- Ensure appropriate governance and oversight of process health of FMO through governance forums and appropriate MI
- Ensure any material issues are escalated directly to the Head of the FM/O business in a timely manner when required i.e. Significant risks, regulatory breaches, significant conduct issues, capacity or capability issues, client complaints (top tier clients), Client Asset protection issues, material hubbing changes (inc org), transfers of activities and/or incremental costs to FM through outsourcing
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Sets appropriate tone and expectations for the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Lead and support a change in mindset, building a culture of client centricity, agility, and accountability through standardised metrics and measurement.
- Drive training and communications to promote awareness and continuous learning for risk control and governance aspects
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Proactive in seeking regular assurance that the Group Business Risk Management teams are performing to an acceptable control assessment standard as per the defined Enterprise Risk Management Framework / Operational Risk Types Framework.
- Lead the [country / business unit [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group's internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line.
- Promote the Group's brand and Here for good with employees, clients and regulators.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, and staff
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications University educated
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations none additional
- Professional Memberships relevant memberships to be agreed
- Bank training none additional
- Languages English
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.