Food production managers oversee food processing facilities and procedures. They ensure that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently.
We are looking for a CANDIDATE WHOM HAS THE EXPERIENCE IN FOOD INDUSTRY AND MANUFACTURING FOR MORE THAN FIVE YEARS.
- Planning and organizing production schedules
- Assessing project and resource requirements
- Estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales with clients and managers
- Determining quality control standards
- Overseeing production processes
- Re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary
- Selecting, ordering and purchasing materials
- Organizing the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Liaising with buyers and marketing and sales staff
- Supervising the work of junior staff
- Organizing relevant training sessions
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Estimate costs and prepare budgets
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitor production to resolve issues
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (quality inspectors, workers etc.)
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Approve maintenance work, purchasing of equipment etc.
- Report to upper management
- Ensure that the production is cost effective
- Decide what resources are required
- Draft a timescale for the job
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
- Liaise among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers
- Review worker performance
- Technical skills
- Project management skills
- Organization and efficiency
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- IT and numerical skills
- Communication skills
- Team working skills
- Managers must also be able to handle responsibility and the pressure of meeting
- Experience in food industry and manufacturing for more than five years
- Demonstrate strong leadership and people management/development skills
- Highly motivated and organized individual who is able to function successfully in a fast paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Results driven individual with strong data analysis, computer and financial acuity skills (Excel spreadsheets).
- Demonstrated ability to lead continuous improvement/problem solving initiatives in a manufacturing environment.
- Related Bachelor’s degree preferred.