About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.Job Purpose
Managing CPBB Fraud Risk (FR) strategy effectively and efficiently aligned to business strategy of the Bank.
The role holder is accountable for maintaining CPBB FR strategy and governance oversight. The person will be responsible for managing the Fraud Risk Forum (FRF) and any other forums instituted to support effective maintenance of FR. As the Head of Fraud Risk Operations CPBB Asia Cluster, the role holder is responsible for risk operations in FRM. In addition, this role will support the Regional CPBB COO in providing Asia coverage to Head, CPBB Asia in FRM matters.The Role ResponsibilitiesProcesses
Governance & Risk Management
- Develop and maintain Fraud Risk Management capabilities, skills and infrastructure that are in compliance with both internal policies and external regulations and are responsive to fraud attacks
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness become apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
- Communicate and escalate to relevant stakeholders and committees on gaps and progress of gaps closures
- Re-engineer process to identify fraud and deliver desired client experience across all channels/products
- Build sustainable fraud MIS and advanced analytics capabilities at surveillance centres.
- Provide support to global standard operational models, centralization and automation.
- Focus on CPP identification using data analysis and hit rates.
- Participate in relevant monthly SRM discussions with country teams and other senior stakeholders.
- Sharing of significant fraud MO, root causes and best practices are included in the Global standards.
- Support and provide feedback/guidance on issues faced within the Surveillance centers through performance review with Head FRM Operations
- Ensure early detection. Identify and review emerging and current transactional fraud risk to fine tune the rules/parameters to enhance or improve detection rates and FPR.
Functional & Business Alignment
- Facilitate a framework for effective management of fraud risk across the CPBB country and regional business and in compliance with applicable internal policies and external laws & regulations across our markets, leading to timely assessment of residual risks at Regional and Country level.
- Responsible to monitor and minimize FR losses and upkeep management controls awareness in conjunction with the Regional CPBB COO and ensure appropriate focus on risks/issues and resolutions in Asia
- Participate in key Risk Committee meetings in CPBB Asia to ensure quality governance of processes.
- Work with the relevant CPBB teams to ensure processes for products, channels, and segments are fit for purpose and meet regulatory requirements.
- Support the Regional CPBB COO and country business to execute responsibilities as outlined in the Group ERMF in all FRM related matters.
- (a) maintaining a strong and appropriate control environment covering regional CPBB businesses in Asia
- (b) Restricting business if existing infrastructure and processes, capacity or capability are not fit to execute business within operational risk tolerance, regulatory standards or growth aspirations.
- Responsible to manage regulatory audit / inspections on Fraud Risk Operations teams in country / region. Represent the Bank as appropriate to regulators.
- Evaluate processes across the Client Journeys within CPBB to ensure controls and governance are in place for any initiatives introduced in the Journeys.
- Provide input to the design of global processes and controls ensuring local requirements are considered, while adhering to Group standards.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining ERMF in the region, being the custodian of the CPBB Process Universe and instrumental in ensuring CPBB's gross and residual risk profile is well maintained.
- Ensure risk acceptances are in place where required and treatment plans (both country and region level) are tracked to meet target residual risk state.
- Responsible for ensuring that regional governance for FRM activities is in full compliance.
- Single point of contact to answer and update all queries and submissions relating to CPBB FRM governance.
- Ensure there is a framework for effective management of non-financial risks, in compliance with applicable internal policies and external regulations across our markets leading to timely assessment of residual risks.
- Ensure CPBB Regulatory Book of Work for FRM is well managed and governed within the allocated budget.
- Ensure FRM related ICS and Conduct plans for CPBB are implemented in line with agreed strategy / plans
- Ensure/participate in Peer Reviews operate effectively across all markets
- Stay abreast with industry existing/emerging fraud risks
- Identify and share industry best practices and work with the businesses for their feasibility and implementation
- Evaluate latest practices/tools to identify next generation fraud detection system
- Develop a collaborative relationship with regulators, peer banks and fraud risk industry forums to help detect and mitigate fraud
- Ensure all FRM policies and procedures in the surveillance centres comply with Group Policies and Standards. Ensure proper and updated documentation in place for in-country policies and procedures.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Maintain strong stakeholder engagement with Technology Services, CMT(s), Risk & Compliance and Group Internal Audit to ensure alignment across stakeholder groups.
- Ensure appropriate representation across the stakeholder groups in governance and delivery forums.
- Escalate appropriately to ensure the Regional CPBB COO and Regional Head CPBB Asia are updated and able to intervene as required.
People and Talent
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Global Head, Lending and Risk Operations CPBB to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Contribute to the CPBB conduct agenda across countries, ensuring that Group and regulatory expectations are met across the entire region.
Key StakeholdersInternal Stakeholders:
- Champion and act as a role model of the Group's values and culture
- Lead and support a change in mindset, building a culture of client centricity, agility, and accountability through standardised metrics and measurement, ensuring everyone in Operations are drivers and owners of client outcomes.
- Set effective metrics and standards, transparently communicating them to team members, providing feedback and rewarding employees accordingly. Set the appropriate tone and expectations for the wider team.
- Employ, engage, and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Ensure team structure/capacity is reviewed to enable delivery of client outcomes.
- Ensure the provision of on-going training & development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risk.
- Global Head Lending and Risk Operations
- CPBB MT
- Regional CPBB MT, Regional CPBB TT
- Regional CPBB Operations Management Team
- Head FR Operations including Surveillance
- Regional and Country COOs
- Country Risk Operations
- Country Fraud Risk Operations
- Risk Framework Owners
- Functional Partners including T&I, Risk, HR, Finance, Audit, etc.
- Regional Heads of GBS
- Regional and country CIOs / CTMs where appropriate
Our Ideal Candidate
- Local regulators where appropriate
- External Auditors and Group Regulators
- Associations (Visa, MasterCard, Amex and other Regional / Local forums) and peer Banks
- Suppliers, vendors and consultants
- 10-15 years of total working experience covering risk, change and project management
- Relevant experience in fraud risk strategy, fraud systems/applications (e.g. familiarity with risk parameters, rules - creation and optimizations, building new typologies, simulations, incident support, bug fixes coordination in related systems/applications)
- Familiar with relevant regulations and must possess sound market and industry knowledge relative to fraud risk
- Experienced in networking with franchises/strategic partners e.g. MasterCard, VISA, Amex, CUP, Alipay etc.
- Detailed understanding of liabilities, lending products and channels with fraud risk perspective
- Understanding of the full client lifecycle including acquisition, account management, collections and recoveries
- Good understanding of the key drivers of lending and liabilities products financials and the impact of fraud risks on the same
- Numerically savvy, able to work with data, perform analysis and communicate results
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- People management
- Well versed in conduct principles, governance and good understanding of operational risk framework
- Able to manage incidents, including liaising with T&I and stakeholders to ensure smooth resolution, design and implement system changes
- Capable of understanding process shortcomings and set up key performance indicators to measure improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to connect with customers, direct reports and management teams. Deal with senior stakeholders in country and region
- Multi country experience
- Ability to interact with multiple markets for implementation of standards and capabilities
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.