He/she will be a well-rounded commercially astute IT professional who is experienced with the complete lifecycle from contracting through service and service level management, securing licenses and managing shared service and third party services, systems implementation and integration, and an ongoing enhancement to existing systems and processes.
He/she will have a strong appreciation for distributed operations related to an agriculture, consumer goods, processing and distributing business.
He/ she should also have a good understanding of the digital economy in order to align with the Group IT initiatives to bring Wilmar Africa to be an intelligent enterprise
• Development and implementation of a technology strategy that is aligned to the business strategy to enable benefits realisation from technology investments.
• Influence various parties to comply with both the spirit and contractual obligations of an agreement in order to satisfy the overarching objectives.
• Supports the Head Office / Global IT Leadership / CIO in the strategies and direction of IT.
• Facilitate the effective relationship between service providers and various stakeholders of Corporate IT, while maintaining quality and service standards.
• Drive a user-centric operational environment.
• Investigate and apply industry Best Practice Benchmarks to internal and external partner relationship management.
• Encourage full adoption of the ERP system.
• Ensure infrastructure is appropriate to the outputs required from the business units across Africa, and recommend and implement changes where necessary.
• Degree in IT related fields.
• At least 8 years of relevant professional and leadership experience.
• Experience with SAP FICO a must.
• Expertise related to ERP implementation and adoption.
• Proven track record of working in a large and multi-vendor / supplier IT environments.
• Must be willing to work hands-on, in a small team and to operate within a cost-conscious environment.
• Experience in system integration, consulting and business transformation/change management.
• Experience in dealing with multiple vendors and technical advisors.
• Proven ability to provide leadership to technical staff and thought leadership to business.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills in English and ability to communicate in French will be an advantage.
• Ability to work in a global environment and time differences.
• Willingness to travel.