About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
Supply Chain Management is responsible for the overall commercial management of how the bank engages and spends money with its external third party suppliers. To meet increasing business and efficiency, the SCM Global Technology Team is looking for a candidate with strong leadership experience in technology procurement and the gravitas to engage stakeholders to support key priorities : creating strategic options in banking, focused on client and business problem statements, and experimenting with the way we work. The successful candidate will be responsible for influencing and executing sourcing activities in collaboration with related support teams:
- Manage the relationships within Technology stakeholders to shape their vendor strategy in specific for Network
- Reviews the relevant bank expense line that aligns to sourcing categories in order to understand the nature of such expenditure with the objective of optimisation and cost reduction through Supply, Demand, Governance or spend compliance actions.
- Ensures that business sourcing strategies are developed in conjunction with the requirement from Technology team and use them to drive greater commercial benefit for the firm.
- Lead the execution of end to end Strategic Sourcing initiatives that will deliver sourcing solutions that meet the needs of our bank wide stakeholders by balancing cost efficiency and innovation requirements whilst adhering to policies & standards.
- Manages supplier risk to establish a stable supply chain that allows the bank to provide uninterrupted services to its stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical conduct, ensuring that Fraud and ABC risk are mitigated in all sourcing events.
- Understand business and functional strategies to enable SCM business alignment on relevant procurement strategies are developed to support those needs.
- Create a sourcing strategy that includes cost reduction (including needs assessment, demand management etc.), innovation, risk mitigation and sustainability components.
- Explore and leverage strategic supplier partnerships opportunities to further the use of preferred suppliers
Business (Commercial And Contracting)
- Develop strong stakeholder engagements to ensure that a vendor strategy is developed for the business area.
- Ensure the intrinsic business value of the SCM category management framework is communicated and understood by the business.
- Assist stakeholders in achieving their strategic objectives through careful sourcing of relevant suppliers to fulfil their needs
- Creates cost efficiencies and support expense line management by directly mapping saves to the GL
- Carry out effective negotiations and contracting which contribute to sustainable commercial advantages for the business and best in class commercial terms
Cross Functional Engagement
- Identify and mitigate risks that would impact the overall project success/failure.
- Ensure projects are prioritized and delivered against agreed timelines
- Support, lead and execute sourcing initiatives.
- Implements regular category workflow reviews to ensure all stakeholder requests are being owned
- Work in a highly effective Supply Chain Management (SCM) team that will deliver commercial agreements that exceed stakeholder and client expectation
- Lead engagement with cross functional teams : Technology & Innovation, Legal, Compliance, Tax, Risk, and Finance on sourcing activities.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives
- Lead effective governance and controls for supplier risk management across the bank, manage the vendor and contract management framework for Ventures
- Support the business functional vendor management teams in day 2 supplier matters
- Operate in compliance with mandated sourcing processes, policies and procedures
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Vendor Management Team
- Enterprise Technology Leadership Team
- SCM teams Country Heads, Global/Country Category Managers, Operations
- Cross functional teams during category management development and strategic sourcing events. This include, but not limited to, Business stakeholders, Technology & Innovation, Legal, Compliance, Tax, Risk and Finance
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the business requestor to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- At least a Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, engineering, Economics or Business Administration
- Language Proficiency
- Fluent in English
- At least 4-6 years&rsquo working experience in IT procurement, technology and project management.
- Previous experience of working within the Financial Services or technology sector is an advantage
- Specialized knowledge or skills required
- Able to use ERP systems such as SAP, Ariba and Microsoft Office Excel..
- Good working knowledge of contracts & familiar with legal agreements
- Advanced commercial knowledge in technology procurement and project management.
- Advanced business management skills including stakeholder management, commercial judgment and process improvement.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.