Job title: Lead Test
Reporting to CTO
Location: HQ Mutiara Damansara
Founded in 2015, Carsome is Malaysias first online automotive portal that connects car buyers and sellers to new and used car dealers respectively, providing them a platform to trade seamlessly. For car selling, Carsome empowers sellers to sell their cars in less than 24h with full transparency and no paperwork hassle and ensures dealers a constant first-class supply of thoroughly inspected cars. For car buying, Carsome guarantees buyers the best offers in town by providing up to 5 upfront offers, and dealers a cost-effective channel to genuine leads.
We currently have an opening for a lead Software Quality Engineer who would like to move into a
management position. This person will own software quality assurance, working directly with the
software development team and managing the offshore QA team.
- Responsible to Department Head for ensuring each product release meets well defined high quality standards
- Manage an Offshore QA team for the development and execution of test cases
- Create test plans and test cases from feature descriptions by Product Management and discussion with Developers
- Drive testing automation, scripting and regression testing utilizing offshore test automation engineers
- Execute manual and automated test cases, analyze results, report and track defects, verify fixes and perform follow-up work to resolve issues.
- Participate in the setup, configuration, and maintenance of hardware test environments
- Track and analyze support and field regression data to identify new policies and procedures necessary to ensure high quality releases
- 4-6 years of relevant QA experience
- 1-2 years of QA lead experience
- Understanding of testing automation, scripting, regression testing and commonly used tools
- Understanding of software release process, particularly Agile methodologies
- Highly self-motivated top performer
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated customer and quality focus
- Good hands-on experience and knowledge with tools such as Selenium, QTP / UFT, Cucumber / Gherkin, Testing framework like BDD and TDD.SOAPUI / Postman, Katalon studio, genie / Allure, Maven
- Relational databases such as or MYSQL Server (with ability to - create and run SQL queries).
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix.