Job Description :
Provide leadership to multiple projects with appropriate technical options and well suited design standards for embedded system product development system level validation and performance optimization strategies. Account for others developmental activities; assist project manager in day to day project execution
- Design develop and implement product level specifications for multiple projects.
- Develop highly optimized secured code debugging integrating firmware/ applications and development level testing of complex SW/HW systems.
- Work directly with IP owners product (HW & SW) architects for design and debugging.
- Mentor lead and manage the Lead I – Embedded Software based on project needs
- Identify and recommend right tools (SW & HW) for the project.
- Developing and utilizing various debug and validation tools and/or methodologies to implement development and validation plans
- Create share best practices and lessons learned to the team.
- Optimises efficiency cost and quality.
- Influence and improve customer satisfaction
- Set FAST goals for self/team and also provide feedback to FAST goals of team members
- Select and create appropriate technical options for development such as reusing improving or reconfiguration of existing components or create own solutions for new contexts
- Influence and improve employee engagement within the project teams
- Prepare Software Quality Assurance Plan.
- Create Progress Reports and Process Review (Audit) Reports and Release Readiness ZBB (Zero Bug Build) Review report.
Measures of Outcomes:
- Adherence to Embedded design and Quality process and standards
- Quick turnaround on multiple alternative solution and determine the most suitable one
- Number of technical issues uncovered during the execution of the project
- Number of design and test defects post-delivery based on project SLA
- Adherence to testing methodologies and compliance process
- Adherence to project schedule and timelines
- Number of new ideas implemented and patented as per business requirement.
- Percent of voluntary attrition
- On time completion of mandatory compliance trainings.
- Team management and productivity improvement as per Project SLA.
- Embedded design architecture/LLD sequence/use case diagrams and linking to customer requirements
- Design the embedded SW and code as per design patterns coding standards templates and checklists.
- Review and create unit test cases scenarios and execution
- Review test plan created by testing team
- Provide clarifications to the testing team
- Create and review templates checklists guidelines standards for design/process/development
- Create and review deliverable documents. Design documentation requirements test cases/results
- Define and govern configuration management plan
- Ensure compliance from the team
- Advise embedded software developers on design and development of feature / component with deeper understanding of the business problem being addressed for the client
- Learn more about the customer domain and identify opportunities to provide value addition to customers
- Complete relevant domain certifications
- Report status of tasks assigned comply to project related reporting standards/process
- Lead design reviews add value take responsibility for the design and overall quality of the embedded software
- Execute and monitor release process
- Adhere to embedded software design regulatory and test compliance
- Estimate time effort resource dependence for one's own work and for projects work. Accurately define and document the technical side of the project schedule with estimates and identified risks
Interface with Customer:
- Clarify requirements and provide guidance to development team present design options to customers conduct product demos
- Work closely with customer architects for finalizing design
- Manage delivery of embedded software and manage requirement understanding and effort estimation.
- Support project manager with inputs for the projects
- Set FAST goals and provide feedback understand aspirations of team members and provide guidance opportunities etc.
- Ensure team members are upskilled
- Ensure team is engaged in project
- Proactively identify attrition risks and work with BSE for retention measures
- Take relevant domain/technology certification
- Ability to do Embedded C C++ programming (OOP) STL Assembly programming for product level.
- Ability to create and execute one or more of the following domains: Storage/connectivity/Media/graphics/boot/clusters/infotainment/ADAS
- Ability to do Linux / Android kernel patching Back porting kernel patches and OOT merging; upstreaming to community
- Ability to develop solutions based on real time operating systems e.g. uCos FreeRTOS
- Ability to configure diagnose troubleshoot and support AUTOSAR (MICROSAR) embedded software system (e.g. OS RTE and .arxml generation BSW modules) as well as application software components.
- Debugging tools like DPO/DSO MSO Protocol analyser Network analyser Audio analyser Video analyser Spectrum analyser and JTAG Emulators
- Ability to handle OS Scheduler Pre-emptive Round robin & Cooperative scheduling related work
- Capable of handling SW development in area of CAN Diagnostics Vehicle Functions etc.
- Ability in Networking protocols such as CAN LIN etc
- Aptitude to select right IoT & IO protocols as per problem statement.
- Ability to understand safety critical quality standards (MISRA ISO26262 EN50128).
- Ability to do automation and configure Simulation Tools.
- Ability to work under pressure determine dependencies risks facilitate planning and handle multiple tasks.
- Facility to build confidence with the Customers by meeting the deliverables in time with quality.
- Ability to do estimate effort time resources required for developing / debugging features / components
- Ability to make decisions on appropriate of the Software / Hardware’s.
- Ability to code on motor controller FW PLDC Controller AC Controller domains.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple technology teams program and product teams and test engineering
- Talent in understanding hardware schematics and design/implement associated embedded software.
- Able to teach best practices for the debug of software and execution of root cause analysis.
- Ability to create Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Shall have the ability to maintain high Motivation Levels and Positive Dynamics
- Create and articulate impactful technical presentations
- Follow high level of business etiquette in emails and other business communication
- Drive conference calls with customers and answer customer questions
- Knowledge of product development lifecycle Testing methodology and standards (Water Fall/ Agile)
- Knowledge and experience with real time operating systems e.g. uCos FreeRTOS
- Knowledge in Test Automation scripting languages (e.g. Python Perl TCL)
- Knowledge with Wired (USB Ethernet PLC SCADA etherCAT Modbus RSxxx & Wireless technologies like NFC Bluetooth Wi-fi Zigbee
- Knowledge on Automation frameworks (e.g. Hudson / Jenkins)
- Comprehension and Knowhow on Diesel and Gasoline Engine Management Systems
- Knowledge of Embedded algorithm integration on platform (Windows Linux and Android)
- Knowledge in Pre-Silicon Verification environments for simulation and Emulation/FPGA platform
- Knowledge with System Verilog IP/Subsystem and SOC development environment
- Knowledge of MISRA 2004 and 2012 Coding guidelines (PC-lint LDRA & PRQA)
- Understanding of CAN Tools: CANoe CANalyser & CAPL programming
- Knowledge of GDT framework internals
- Knowledge on Model- Fair understanding of Hardware schematics and communication protocols (ISO14443 ISO7816 UART I2C SPI SWP PCIe storage devices)
- Knowledge on Device Driver development Kernel integration Board-bring up Soc Validation Algorithm design high performance libraries and Applications Expertise on peripheral devices like PCIe I2C UART Display FW OS application design and development .
- Experience with software development processes such as Automotive SPICE/CMM/ASIL-A
- Knowledge on system performance estimation (e.g. bandwidth memory power) and characterization for concurrent use cases
- Knowledge on trending technologies in Embedded Market like Artificial Intelligence Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Deep Learning Embedded security Cloud Connectivity.
- Knowledge in SBC G723 and multimedia codec standards
- Awareness of NFC testing and/or standards
- Knowledge of designing and developing 2D Graphics designs in Instrument Clusters
- Knowledge of graphics design tool and test software