Project Controller JOB
Experience : 5+ years
Please email me if you are looking for job change- [Confidential Information] & whatsup me - 60-189681079
The project controller is a key member of the Digital Billing Replacement program team and works directly with the Program Manager to help define the project’s goals and objectives; create and maintain a project’s budget and schedule, analyze progress reported against the work schedules; and recommend and take action to improve progress. Your Responsibilities: As a key contributor within this strategic program, the Project Controller is responsible for carrying out the following functions, which provide critical input into the project reporting process:
• Educate the Team on Proper Processes. The Project Controller educates and advises the team on project management policies and standards, methodologies, and processes across all phases of the project: initiating, planning, controlling, executing, and closing. This includes describing the processes’ purpose, utilizing scheduling and costing tools, determining who is responsible for deliverables, and detailing approval procedures.
• Facilitate/Oversee Project Planning/Control Sessions. Organizing and facilitating teamplanning sessions also fall within the realm of the Project Controller’s role. These sessions may deal with a variety of topics such as planning, developing the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and project schedule, estimating resource hours and task durations, controlling issue/risk management, capturing lessons learned, and project reporting.
• Develop the Project Schedule. Using organizational project delivery methodology, the Project Controller assists the Program Manager to work with other key members of the team to develop the project schedule, including resource leveling and critical path analysis. Once baselined, the schedule is used to measure work progress, manage resource assignments, track milestones, and monitor and report on project performance metrics.
• Control Progress to Ensure Success. The Project Controller proactively manages the schedule to ensure that the project is delivered on time. As part of this responsibility, the project controller must: regularly collect task statuses and update the schedule; analyze any variation or forecasted variation to the plan, emphasizing items such as critical path, slipped tasks, and upcoming tasks; calculate, analyze, and present metrics such as earned value; manage resource assignments including submitting resource requests, monitoring current allocations, and forecasting future needs; and meet with the Program Manager to discuss project status.
• Track and Analyze Costs. The Project Controller must work with available tools to track actual costs, including manpower effort, equipment usage, procured resources, etc. He or she must also analyze cost run rates and variations to extrapolate/forecast total costs, as well as report findings to the Program Manager, project office, and any financial oversight governance.
• Manage Issue, Risk and Change Control. The Project Controller ensures that issues, risks, and change requests are identified, analyzed and estimated, so they can be escalated to the appropriate levels of management for disposition, and documented/tracked in the project’s Project Controller Sensitivity: Internal collaboration tool. The project controller monitors issue, risk, and change request resolution dates; contacts team members listed as responsible parties, for status and documentation; offers assistance to responsible parties to facilitate progress and/or resolution meetings; and, provides the project manager with the status of open issues, risks, and changes.
• Document and Deliver Status Information. The Project Controller assists the Program Manager in developing the program progress reports and presentation material for executive management.
• Proven experience in a similar project controller/project support PMO type role with experience working in a matrix environment and managing a variety of stakeholders
• Degree/Diploma level education or relevant professional related qualification
• Minimum 5 years of working experience
• Strong planning and financial budgeting experience
• Advanced user of MS Project, SharePoint and MS Office Suite
• Knowledge of finance/controlling processes and tools • Ability to communicate and influence effectively with stakeholders of all levels
• Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
A Firdous Kowser
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant -Human Resources
Mobile +60-146210262-| WhatsApp – +60-189681079
E - [Confidential Information]
iCrest Sdn Bhd | ICT Solutions and Services Provider
| C-1-06, CoPlace 2, 2260 Jalan Usahawan 1, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia.Tel: +603 8319 2405 | website: www.icrest.com .my