About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Awareness and understanding of the Group&rsquos business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Knowledge of Custody operations, Securities Settlements, Corporate Actions, Financial Market Operations. Knowledge of Agent banking, Sub Custody operations and clearing will be an added advantage.
People and Talent
- Responsible for leading & motivating a team of team members with accountability on all Service Delivery parameters.
- Responsible for monitoring the operations of a team of representatives who supervise the first level employees towards ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring Settlements are accurate and timely, workflow management, problem solving, interact with CPC, bridge the gap between manager and team leads.
- The person should also have good system skills, problem solving , analytical , handling multiple geographies, workflow management, second layer /linkage b/w manager and the team members , driving error reduction improvements, contributing innovative ideas for better productivity, risk reduction process controls, training etc.Risk Management
- To ensure all control/operating procedure and documentations are properly followed.
- To ensure compliance to all established procedures, regulations and the Group Guidelines.
- To keep track of changes (internal and external) affecting Clients and communicate such changes, along with impact analyses, on a pro-active basis, through newsflashes, market insights, operations guides and through other routine communication.
- Collaborative skills and should be able to work with staff across locations and grades.
- Basic knowledge of RISK gradings, BASIL Norms
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/[team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Business partners across countries, Central operations, GBS SSO Management team and Larger SSO team.
5-7 Years of Custody experience.For Custody Operations
. Excellent oral / written communication skill/ good system skills.
. Exposure to Regional / Domestic Settlements operations, SWIFT Tags.
. Hands on experience in handling systems such as Clearstream / Euroclear / BBH and added advantage.
. Knowledge of various settlement markets and swift message formatting
. Knowledge of allied products like Corporate actions, Fund services and reference data will be an added advantage
. Innovative thinking and having an aptitude/appetite for process improvements
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.