About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role Responsibilities
[To manage the operations of the Cash Management Operations i.e. Pre-Processing, Processing (Payment and Clearing) and Static Data Unit (set up, maintenance, pricing and billing, CoE, LM) in ensuring consistent delivery of high quality services to customers and meeting objectives set by the Group using available resources allocated while maintaining operational risk to an accepted level.
To manage daily operations to achieve service quality by meeting / exceeding service standards and achieving zero defect for Cash Management Operations i.e. Pre-Processing, Processing (Payment and Clearing) and Static Data Unit (set up, maintenance, pricing and billing, CoE, LM)
To discharge operational duties of the Cash Management Operations i.e. Pre-Processing, Processing (Payment and Clearing) and Static Data Unit (set up, maintenance, pricing and billing, CoE, LM), as instructed by the Manager of the Unit/ Head of Department and ensure that the established service standards are met
Direct staff responsibilities as per current Organization Chart in Cash Management Operations i.e. Pre-Processing, Processing (Payment and Clearing) and Static Data Unit (set up, maintenance, pricing and billing, CoE, LM)]
- Manage teams in building a stronger relationship with our clients and customers.
- Manage initiatives to innovate and digitize their processes as well as intensifying collaboration across the network.
- To accelerate new generation of leaders.
- Manage all initiatives to get more fit and flexible in the way we work.
- Focus on proving that we are here for good.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the customers to ensure that service issues are promptly escalated and acted upon
- Initiating & implementing service quality initiatives
- Uphold the values of the Group and company at all times.
- Ensuring continuous improvement in timeliness to the standards prescribed for the process from time to time.
- Releasing deals as per the department operating instruction manual, customers instructions and within the timeliness and accuracy standards specified.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable Rules / Regulations and Company and Group Policies. Identifying exceptions from the norms & initiating corrective and preventive actions.
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures and Sanctions to the extend applicable and reporting all suspicious Transaction to the Line Manager.
- Where applicable, ensure compliance to Group and Country Regulations are managed to the extend agreed with the Countries and ensure all staff adhere to the same.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure provision of ongoing training and development, to larger teams and ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified with effective supervision in place to mitigate any risk.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Set and monitor jib descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Promoting an environment where all team members develop a sense of involvement in the conduct of their regular work and contribute ideas with the objective of achieving excellence in service quality.
- Responsible for the Audit and Risk Control Standard associated with Cash Services operations.
- To ensure approved generic Product Programs and their corresponding Country Product Templates are in place before any product is accepted for implementation by Service Delivery. To refer any instances to Group Operations and CORG via KPIs and monthly risk exception reporting.
- To proactively monitor and manage operational risks, system risk and channel risk of the products and to highlight any potential and actual breakdown of controls to Group Operations and CORG via KPIs and risk exception reporting.
- Work with UORM to develop, design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management
- Timely update of monitoring conducted in ORMA Optial Ensure risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner
- Provide oversight across three hubs, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This incudes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Embed the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct in SSC Cash to ensure that adherence with the highest standard of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
Regulatory & Business Conduct
. Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
. Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
. Lead the [country / business unit / function/XXX [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.] *
. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Click here to enter text.
- Ensure consistent delivery of high-quality services to customers through meeting or exceeding customer expectation guided by the Service Level Agreement, efficiency/accuracy standards and good business processes/ judgment.
- Leading the Cash Management Operations to achieve quality service by meeting the prescribed objectives and goals. Assist the Manager in overseeing the daily operations of the Payment team and contribute towards meeting the team&rsquos objectives.
- Manage staff individual performance, against set objectives and providing the appropriate support, motivation and guidance to staff to achieve these objectives. Contribute to the development of associates by guiding, coaching, motivating, supporting and assisting selected number of associates.
- Primarily process within the TAT agreed with CPC in the SLA and also other functions as requested by the Manager/ Head of Department.
- Ensure that the set productivity targets (efficiency, accuracy, etc.), defect management and processing turnaround standards are achieved (within own area of responsibility).
- Ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/ Group.
- Verify transactions processed by Service Lead, Senior Global Operations Officer and Global Operations Officer and authorize those that fall within own-delegated release authority. Checking of and/or approving customer payment order against Payment system.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with appropriate persons in the Spoke countries, Group offices and within the Company itself to facilitate an open and direct communication of issues, needs, queries, etc. such that these may be responded to in an efficient, prompt and professional manner.
- Be guided accordingly and aware of the roles and responsibilities for anti-money laundering prevention and sanctions related checking (i.e. Understanding the policy, reporting procedure and escalation procedure)
- Ensure due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to anti-money laundering and Sanctions related checking, by acquiring relevant knowledge and training and provide support to superiors and subordinates.
- Conforming and adhering to the Team&rsquos risk profile, by following the guidelines / policies / procedures stipulated for Operation Losses, Escalation Procedures, CMS Policies, and reconciliation of outstanding items, scanning, SCSTAR and end-of-day reports.
- Ensure that control and security policies / procedures governing all processes in the department are in place, implemented and reviewed (as and when necessary) and to ensure that these policies / procedure not only continue to be relevant and effective in mitigating risk, but also supports the need for high operational efficiency and excellent customer service.
- Ensure that all staff of the department continues to be equipped and developed with the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to achieve the required level of competency to facilitate them to perform their roles and responsibilities effectively, efficiently and accurately.
- Facilitate the building of a performance-driven organization by setting SMART objectives, constantly reviewing the dept&rsquos and individual performance against these objectives and providing the appropriate support, motivation and guidance to staff to achieve these objectives.
- Responsible for succession planning for key positions, managing the attrition of employees and ensuring that a plan is developed and executed for high potential individuals in the department.
- Contribute towards the future strategic direction and process innovation of Payment by keeping abreast of changes in customer needs, technology and business environment and taking pro-active steps to embrace and capitalize on these changes.
- Any ad-hoc roles changes will require Head of Department or Manager&rsquos approval before assuming new role temporarily or permanently in line with segregation of duties.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Achieves the processing turnaround standards as stipulated in the Service Level Agreement between the dept. and various Spoke countries.
- Meeting productivity standards in terms of processing efficiency and accuracy of output.
- Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems and achieving the quality objectives and standards set.
- Coaching the Cash Management Operation team members to achieve the desired level of productivity and competency. To ensure team members adhere closely to their Learning & Development plans, in achieving a fully competent, engaged and results driven team.
- Contributing ideas for improvement on processes, procedures, end-to-end processing, etc. to team management.
- Manage operational risk appropriately to avoid any operational and/or reputational losses to the Company / Group
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications University educated
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations none additional
- Professional Memberships relevant memberships to be agreed
- Bank training none additional
- Languages English
- Manage Conduct
- Manage Risk
- Manage People
- Business Facilitation
- Manage Change
- Management of Frontline Risk
- Business Governance & Support
- Strategy & Business Model
- Service Delivery & Operations
Visit our careers website