Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 270421
As an NPISystems & TestEngineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of the prototype assembly of SIG designed products. This will include mechanical assembly of the prototype systems utilizing assembly drawings and wiring of controls systems utilizing electrical schematics and wiring diagrams. You will work directly with the SIG development engineering team to validate the initial prototype assemblies and develop best practice assembly procedures and processes. You will be responsible for documenting critical assembly and process steps that are not covered in the assembly drawings or wiring diagrams. You will troubleshoot and repair complex issues discovered during the NPI phase. You will transfer best practices that are created during the NPI phase with the development engineering team to the contract manufacturers. You will be the first point of contact for the CM to escalate manufacturing issues to.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work with the SIG development engineering team to assemble prototype products designed by Systems Integration
- Utilize schematics and wiring diagrams to build the electrical control systems.
- Develop power up and test processes with the SIG development engineering team utilizing schematics and software tools.
- Provide detailed feedback and suggestions to the SIG development engineering team to improve the manufacturability, maintainability and reliability of SIG designed products.
- Coordinate training with the contract manufacturer on the first prototype assemblies.
- Document critical process and assembly steps that are not covered in the assembly drawings or wiring diagrams.
- Utilize document control processes to ensure documentation is properly saved and retained.
- Ensure manufacturing documentation is thorough and complete for assigned products.
- Ensure power up and test process is thoroughly documented for assigned products.
- Travel to contract manufacturing locations in the U.S. and overseas as needed to provide training and setup of the initial assembly processes.
- Complete detailed Travel Reports to document activities and action items that were discussed during the travel.
- Follow all site safety processes and procedures.
- Utilize JHA processes when needed.
- Consistently perform job responsibilities with safety as a priority.
- Maintain work area in an organized and orderly state in accordance to Micron’s 6S program and ESD policies.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electric & Electronics /Mechatronics or related field.
- Minimum 3 - 5years’ experience on SMT Test & System process.
- Independent and highly motivated with good communication and interpersonal skills Able to adapt to changes in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Knowledge in JMPsoftware.
- Possess own transport.
- Able to work in flexible time with global teamunderminimum supervision.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our
Keywords: Penang || Pulau Pinang (MY-07) || Malaysia (MY) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-EA1 ||Tier 4||