Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 236067Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life.
Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solution we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Do you strive in a dynamic work environment We are looking for highly motivated and dedicated individuals to join us as in our Package Development Engineering Team!
As Process Integration and Network Projects Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for providing leadership to drive improvement in various pillars of manufacturing, development and New Product Introduction in Micron’s network. This involves spearheading or integrating a network level projects that aims to define or enhance manufacturing and/ or business processes, institute better materials and other improvement efforts to maximize operational efficiency, manufacturability and performance of products/processes through technical expertise, project or business process management and execution.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
- Drive the introduction of the new product through the NPI Process
- Work closely with different teams to ensure seamless transition into HVM within the stipulated time and meeting minimum yield & quality expectations. Manage new product by management and NPI execution by assessing the QUAL, LVM result and status by mean of NPI Checklist & phase gate meeting.
- Create NPI plan to collect, analyze input and communicate Process of Record, TRA, PDSS and other relevant documents for each new product. Develop, validate and document the configuration requirement, baseline plan and/or model in relation to MOR (Model of Record), POR (Plan or Process of Record), TOR (Tool of Record) and BOM (Bill of Materials) for the new or transferred products and packages, to support the effort to create commonality and one recipe across all sites.
- Collaborate with development, Design, NPI, Process and Equipment groupsto enable on-time qualification of new product/packaging solution, thru the definition of package multi-functional design review with initial feasibility study and review, leading to Final Product/process flow/BOM/TRA.
- Develop strategic solutions and roadmaps through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Provide leadership in problem analysis and resolution at network level. Work with groups outside of your department to identify and close technical gaps related to new product integration.
- Be the domain specialist of the NPI business process and system and develop strategies to drive continuous improvement. Provide rigorous documentation for all aspects of product development from design, direct materials, process parameters, equipment and PML validation.
- Support Build fulfilment with Customer Samples, Engineering Samples, Quality Samples or other Controlled Engineering builds for new products/packages.
- Prioritize and run numerous projects based on corporate objectives
- Lead and collaborate with various engineering groups in Central and Manufacturing Site teams to optimize current processes and align the whole assembly network to improve manufacturability, yield, quality and cost performance of products
- Work with process integration team to implement and integrate new/improved process workflow
- Maintain documentation for new and improved processes for reference purposes
- Resolve action items on timely basis to meet process/product development goals
- Define (as well as track & report) metrics to gauge project/team’s success
- Communicate project strategy, status and actions through meetings, presentations and reports to team members and management
- Monitor process stability through on-going review of performance metrics (yield, quality, cost, etc, depending on which metric is impacted by the project)
- Provide training and guidance to Junior Engineers as needed. Assist Engineers in process improvement and integration techniques.
- Promote worldwide alignment at all appropriate opportunities. Look for efficiency gains and improved benchmark performance through joint problem solving, using and improving the BKM, worldwide project management and system creation.
- Maintain a strong and open relationship with peer group and managers in other functional areas within and outside PDE. Communicate and respond to issues in a timely manner.
- Conduct meetings and facilitate/drive when needed to complete projects. Send effective action item lists, updates or results of the meetings.
- Present to on project updates and new initiative proposals. Communicate issues which impact Backend in a timely manner and help drive to fix the issue where necessary.
- Periodically follow up with manager to ensure all type of goals are met and get assistance to remove obstacles. Use all available resources to manage the successful completion of goals, including resources outside of the area. Provide feedback and discuss action items during regular one-on-one meetings
- Develop external relationships to achieve new ideas and procedures to keep pace with Industry standards and method
- Provide process & equipment simulation reports to support pathfinding efforts, technology development, and product introduction
- Guide test vehicle development to improve simulation correlation to empirical data
- Provide recommendations to meet product requirements
About Micron Technology, Inc.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in Semiconductor Backend Manufacturing, preferably in Process Integration (PIE) or Process Engineering role
- Demonstrated track record in baseline performance improvement, business process creation, data interpretation skills and proficiency in statistical analysis/method like JMP/Yield3 analytic tools
- Solid knowledge through coursework, or experience required, inmulti-physics modeling and measurements of IC packaging and related areas.
- A strong background in physics & chemistrywith emphasis on both analytical and measurement methods.
- Detailed knowledge of material properties and material property test methods.
- Working knowledge through academic coursework or experience in numerical simulation of material and structural behavior (non-linear deformation, viscous behavior, etc.).
- Familiarity with software tools such as ANSYS, Abaqus, FloTHERM, and IcePak.
- Excellent analytical skills and organizational competency with good oral and written communication skill
- Proficiency in critical computer applications like Excel, Word, Power Point & statistical tools
- Ability to travel to other sites when required
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our
Keywords: Penang || Pulau Pinang (MY-07) || Malaysia (MY) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-EA1 ||Tier 4||