Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
You will be a vital part of the team of distribution solutions projects within the Electrification business in Malaysia. Reporting to the Production Manager, you will develop, implement and maintain manufacturing process designs and workflows for ever increasing productivity and cost competitiveness by developing, implementing and maintaining the manufacturing bill of material, manufacturing routings, work station optimization and layout, capital equipment, fixtures and tooling procurement and implementation.
- Develop and manage the manufacturing process for various product lines. This defines and develops work and process flow, material usage, equipment, fixture needed and estimate labor, process time required.
- Create and maintain the manufacturing bill of material (BOM) and material master in the SAP business system. This involves manufacturing route for each product line and conduct analysis for in and outsourcing decision.
- Create, define and maintain standard operating procedures (SOP) for manufacturing process that define all steps in the manufacturing and assembly process, tool, critical check points and quality requirement.
- This procedure is to be under strict revision control meaning that all change to the engineering BOM must match with the SOP and manufacturing BOM.
- Develop and manage process time standard that optimize total asset utilization and labor efficiency. Include workstation and production line in order to serve as a basis for product cost and production capacity
- Specify and procure equipment, tools and fixtures that have the highest level capability, total process efficiency, shortest throughput time (TPT) and fastest return of investment.
- Improve and optimize material flow and work station layout by minimizing inventory, assisting manufacturing and purchasing in the development and deployment of kanbans and point of use inventory storage.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A degree in Engineering (Manufacturing/Industrial is preferred).
- About 3 to 5 years of experience as a manufacturing or industrial engineer. 1 to 3 years of experience in quality engineering and manufacturing supervision desired.
- Experienced using Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge or exposure in CAM and parametric (3d) CAD.
- Research abilities and interest in continually pursuing knowledge.