Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
You will lead a team within the Electrification business in the execution of production processes in Malaysia. Reporting to the Production Manager, you will support the transformation of parts and raw materials into ABB products in a timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Ensuring continuous and efficient operation in accordance with planned volumes, schedules, procedures, drawings, and quality and safety standards and policies.
- Managing resources to effectively and efficiently meeting line production targets.
- Leading capacity planning and resource optimization for the area of responsibility.
- Identifying deficiencies in production area, proposing improvement activities, and overseeing implementation of actions to improve production performance.
- Identifying and recommending technical equipment and facility improvements as necessary.
- Collaborating with HR Management to ensure that the team is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Guiding, motivating and developing less experienced team members to reach their own potential.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in manufacturing and/or production engineering, master planner/MRP.
- Insubstantial Engineering, Project Management and Supply Management experience are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working on a production line, with supervisory experience beneficial.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.