Job Description - Senior Professional Programmer Analyst
(SMART COBOL programming with LIFE/Asia experience, minimum 5 years working experience)
Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs. Analyzes, designs and writes specifications for programs. Assists support personnel in locating and resolving problems of significance with programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents moderately complex programs. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Designs systems and programs to meet complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded.
- Ensures programs meet standards and technical specifications; performs technical analysis and component delivery.
- Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements. Assists project manager in preparing time estimates and justification for assigned tasks.
- Designs programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity. Assists support and/or project personnel in resolving moderately complex program problems.
- Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
- Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs. Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation. Remains abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field preferred Six or more years of programming or testing experience
- Experience working SMART COBOL programming with LIFE/Asia experience, minimum 5 years working experience in this field.
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
- Programming skills Good personal computer and business solutions software skills Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Ability to work as part of team and independently Interpersonal skills to interact with team members Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Open to expats that is currently residing in Malaysia