Project Engineer is responsible for the engineering and technical disciplines needed to complete a project. The Project Engineer works to plan projects, establish project criteria, coordinate project reviews, and ensure the proper implementation of project elements.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- • Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepares and presents electronic designs to other members of the design team and project stakeholders at design reviews.
- • Documents design work and prepares reports, ensuring design files and information are kept up to date and stored in accordance with company procedures.
- Follows departmental processes relating to management of designs, and the design and project management processes.
- The Project Engineer will also support the other department as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science/electric/electronic or related field and 5+ years’ experience in personal computers and local and wide area network systems analysis; or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
- 4 or more years field and project planning experience.
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of design and visualization software.
- The ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Excellent project management and supervision skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices.
Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Safety Management, Supervision, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design