About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
In/outbound ETB advice & sales
- To proactively acquire portfolio AUM of Priority Clients besides Personal clients.
- Engaging & deepening Affluent & hidden Affluent in advisory conversations with analytics support and collaboration with Wealth Specialists.
- Meeting clients when required (at least once a month).
- Prepare and educate clients to interacting via online, Client Centre
NTB referrals from clients
- Actively acquire and activate new Affluent/potential Affluent clients referred from ETB clients directly to Relationship Manager, Priority Banking.
- Provide advice to Personal Clients approaching Bank with complex investment needs
- To achieve agreed revenue and new sales targets.
- Agreed service standards to customers.
- 100% Operation control under operation risks guidelines and sales compliance.
- To cascade and live the values.
- To undertake special projects / assignments.
- Non compliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples are detected and duly reported
- No unsatisfactory compliance reviews and audits on the conduct of CST and record keeping
- No overdue Control Sample Testing (CST).
- Maintaining robust controls and monitoring actions
SALES / PRODUCTIVITY MANAGEMENT
- A need based approach to source New to Bank (NTB) Priority Banking customers and engage the customer for new Business and refer Priority AUM qualified client back to branch managed RM channel.
- Deliver sales targets to meet new business and acquisition goals.
- Conduct extensive marketing and systematic Telemarketing on leads provided and if needed, account management activities in bringing up the AUM qualified criteria.
- Participate in Priority and Commercial Clients (CC) activities, i.e. market outlook seminars, lifestyle events, year -end gathering and etc to acquire new to bank customers and referrals while exploring opportunity to upgrade existing bank customers to qualified Priority customers.
- Participate in sales promotion and activities to achieve/exceed defined sales targets.
- Prepare and consolidate accurate reports on sales activities.
People and Talent Skill requirements
- Engage Priority and potential customers through 100% leads activation.
- To improve Products per Customer (PPC) rate through digital solution penetration.
- Responsible in building an information database on PIC customers to support relationships building and cross-selling efforts.
- Enhanced multi-product Priority knowledge
- Market and competition knowledge
- Possess all relevant investment & insurance certifications and licensing
- Presentation and soft skills tailored to engaging Affluent Clients
- Internal stakeholder engagement skills
- Closing deals
- Ability to drive and manage client interaction
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Negotiation and objection handling
- Client training on digital solutions
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Discipline and good time management to handle a client portfolio
- Ability to solve problems and close issues without handing over
- Strong analytical ability
- Understanding of Priority CDD principles
- Interpersonal and complaint handling skills
- Bank's product knowledge
- Understanding of policies and procedures
- ABM rules / Bank Negara FEA regulations
- Branch Operations Manual (WEBOM) /MIC/ group circulars/bank policy and tariff of charges
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/[team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- A degree in banking or other related field
- Good sense of responsibility
- Ability to multitask
- Good judgement to make financial decisions
- Ability to work in a team Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain the integrity of highly confidential customer and Bank information
- Ability to deal effectively with time pressures, and multi-tasking on level of customer activity effective problem solving skills.
- Computer literate.
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Good understanding of reconciliation /investigation practices
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.