About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%26#39;s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%26#39;re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities %26amp; Our Ideal CandidateStrategy
BusinessSales and Portfolio Management
- To execute and deliver towards the growth of Business Banking business in line with Group%26rsquo;s strategies
Partnering IMO and other operational related responsibilities
- Achieve individual financial and non-financialtargets while contributing towards team%26rsquo;s overall deliverables through:
- effectively generating new business %26ndash; identify prospects and convert in line with the Bank%26rsquo;s strategy
- strategically formulating account plan %26ndash; provide clients needs-based solutions and execute various banking transactions
- proactively building trusted client relationships %26ndash; maintain a portfolio of active and growing customers
- Market and sell broad range of products including trade service, cash management, treasury and investment
- Build and expand existing client relationships through pro-active contact, account planning, wallet sizing and effective pipeline management.
- Generate new business via new client acquisition and via the ecosystem
- Grow client portfolio by deepening existing client relationships
- Analyse and review potential business to ensure maximum profitability
- Identify and prioritize activities to maximize revenue contribution from allocated client portfolio.
- Provide advice on potential financial solutions based on identified needs
- Origination and structuring of deals based on client needs jointly with product partners as appropriate
- Consult and recommend strategies where account management or recovery is needed on problem accounts, assisting credit in identifying sources from minimizing loan losses
- Work effectively across geographic borders with customers to deepen relationships with the Bank.
- Completion and review of Account Plan and securing requisite signoff from product partners
- Generate creative ideas on customer acquisition and products/ services
- Regularly feedback to Team Leader and peers on new and anticipated financial and service needs and recommend appropriate improvements to processes on new products
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in client engagement, internal stakeholder management and other business conduct
- Partner IMO in ensuring all CDD and related policies and procedures are followed
- Completion of Sanctions questionnaires, RRRC submissions and similar, liaising with the client as necessary
- The role will be accountable for minimising all periodic review overdue and expired items
- The role holder will be accountable for all Excess and Past Due management and related governance
People and Talent
- Support the framework for effective management of operational risks across the Business and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at a global level.
- Support the execution of Business strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis %26ndash; incorporating infrastructure requirements and ensuring that they are fit-for-growth.
- Follow and comply with AML CDD policies and procedures where applicable
- Ensure internal / external CDD requirements are adhered to
- This role encompasses the processes under the ORF namely; Client Due Diligence, On-boarding and Account Management, Static Data Monitoring, Offshore Booking, Client Offboarding and Complaints Handling
- Embed the Group%26rsquo;s values and culture
- Coach peers and more junior staff as appropriate
- Partner effectively with internal stakeholders to deliver effective client solutions
- Abide by appropriate frameworks to guarantee that business is carried out within the Group%26rsquo;s risk appetite and relevant risks are appropriately managed in conjunction with line managers other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance standards and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with regulations and guidelines on Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM).
- Abide by the Group%26rsquo;s values and code of conduct and foster a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder%26rsquo;s attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the relevant superiors and/or Risk Committees.
- Do what is right in order to avoid reputational risks and operational losses
Regulatory %26amp; Business Conduct
- Ensure relevant systems and controls pertaining to the role remit are in compliance with Group and Business policies, procedures, standards and codes, including those governing all Risk types, Compliance, Operational Risk, Technology and Operations, Finance and Reputation
- Ensure adherence with the following Regulatory Compliance policies and processes (as is applicable):
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and all applicable money laundering prevention procedures
- Client Due Diligence %26amp; Related Periodic Reviews
- Client Suitability Standards
- Treating Customers Fairly
- Approval %26amp; review of Credit Applications
- Maintain Documentary standards
- Data Confidentiality
- Cross-Border Policy
- Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM)
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Embed the Group%26rsquo;s values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Engage with all audit report findings and ensure feedback is acted upon
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group%26rsquo;s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure compliance to the Group Sanctions Procedures
- Ensure adherence to all the local regulations (i.e., Bank Negara Malaysia), guidelines and policies
- Internal %26ndash; IMO, ITO, Operational Risk, GIA, Legal, Compliance, FM and TB product partners
- External - Clients and Lawyers
- Embed Here for good and the Group%26rsquo;s brand and values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Work effectively across SCB, using values behaviours to drive overall business growth
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.