About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
In/outbound ETB advice & sales
- To proactively acquire portfolio AUM of Priority Clients besides Personal clients.
- Engaging & deepening Affluent & hidden Affluent in advisory conversations with analytics support and collaboration with Wealth Specialists.
- Meeting clients when required (at least once a month).
- Prepare and educate clients to interacting via online, Client Centre
NTB referrals from clients
- Actively acquire and activate new Affluent/potential Affluent clients referred from ETB clients directly to Relationship Manager, Priority Banking.
- Provide advice to Personal Clients approaching Bank with complex investment needs.
ProcessesEngaging and deepening activities
- To achieve agreed revenue and new sales targets.
- Agreed service standards to customers.
- 100% Operation control under operation risks guidelines and sales compliance.
- To cascade and live the values.
- To undertake special projects / assignments.
- Non compliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples are detected and duly reported
- No unsatisfactory compliance reviews and audits on the conduct of CST and record keeping
- No overdue Control Sample Testing (CST).
- Maintaining robust controls and monitoring actions
Acquiring on referrals
- In consultation with the BM/STM, draw up monthly plans for achieving new business and customer acquisition goals committed.
- To foster and deepen client relationship by providing regular market information updates and trend analysis on international equities, unit trust, bonds and other investment instruments and follow up calls / visits to assist them in their investment decisions.
- To conduct regular checks on market trends and competitors programme offering and activities. This is to assist / initiate efforts to increase product differentiation and enhance attractiveness of programme.
- To plan, target and cross-sell integrated business financial services to Priority clients who are self-employed professionals and businessmen.
- Proactively engaging with the &ldquoHidden Affluent by having complete knowledge of the clients in terms of the :
- profile & assets
- create analytics-backed next best conversation
- sound knowledge in Needs/Anchor products such as : Wealth & Mortgage, CASA, CC & etc.
- To acquire from individual client referrals and actively engaging them during the first 3 months by:
- meeting the client in person to discuss on advisory needs (once a month/quarter)
- connect client with specialists
- set up products holding
- conduct/connect for periodic CDD
- conduct fulfilment & activate
- Supporting the client on any client-initiated needs by:
- Proactively reaching out to client for advice discussions
- Delivering on transactions, service requests, mobile/online training
- Updating CDD
- Managing Client&rsquos credit situation
- Refer most servicing activities to Client Servicing Managers (as and when request by clients)
- To recommend improvements in operational processes, procedures and products based on customer feedback to ensure constant enhancement of service levels and efficiency.
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager.
People and Talent Skill requirements
- Act on referral leads assigned within timeline
- To solicit referrals from other sources.
- To conduct a professional, consultative financial analysis and profiling session with Priority clients by:
- Meeting, listening and determining further needs
- Setting up anchor products & initiate cross-sell
- Conduct/connect CDD
- Educate and conduct initial set-up for online, ATMs, Client Centre and Branch
- Enhanced multi-product Priority knowledge
- Market and competition knowledge
- Possess all relevant investment & insurance certifications and licensing
- Presentation and soft skills tailored to engaging Affluent Clients
- Internal stakeholder engagement skills
- Closing deals
- Ability to drive and manage client interaction
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Negotiation and objection handling
- Client training on digital solutions
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Discipline and good time management to handle a client portfolio
- Ability to solve problems and close issues without handing over
- Strong analytical ability
- Understanding of Priority CDD principles
- Interpersonal and complaint handling skills
- Bank's product knowledge
- Understanding of policies and procedures
- ABM rules / Bank Negara FEA regulations
- Branch Operations Manual (WEBOM) /MIC/ group circulars/bank policy and tariff of charges
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- A degree in banking or other related field
- Good sense of responsibility
- Ability to multitask
- Good judgement to make financial decisions
- Ability to work in a team Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain the integrity of highly confidential customer and Bank information
- Ability to deal effectively with time pressures, and multi-tasking on level of customer activity effective problem solving skills.
- Computer literate.
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Good understanding of reconciliation /investigation practices
- FIMM License
- Bancassurance License
- IPPC License
Visit our careers website