About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
In/outbound ETB advice & sales
. To proactively acquire portfolio AUM of Priority Clients besides Personal clients.
. Engaging & deepening Affluent & hidden Affluent in advisory conversations with analytics support and collaboration with Wealth Specialists.
. Meeting clients when required (at least once a month).
. Prepare and educate clients to interacting via online, Client Centre
NTB referrals from clients
. Actively acquire and activate new Affluent/potential Affluent clients referred from ETB clients directly to Relationship Manager, Priority Banking.
. Provide advice to Personal Clients approaching Bank with complex investment needsBusiness
. To achieve agreed revenue and new sales targets.
. Agreed service standards to customers.
. 100% Operation control under operation risks guidelines and sales compliance.
. To cascade and live the values.
. To undertake special projects / assignments.
. Non compliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples are detected and duly reported
. No unsatisfactory compliance reviews and audits on the conduct of CST and record keeping
. No overdue Control Sample Testing (CST).
. Maintaining robust controls and monitoring actionsProcesses
SALES / PRODUCTIVITY MANAGEMENT
. A need based approach to source New to Bank (NTB) Priority Banking customers and engage the customer for new Business and refer Priority AUM qualified client back to branch managed RM channel.
. Deliver sales targets to meet new business and acquisition goals.
. Conduct extensive marketing and systematic Telemarketing on leads provided and if needed, account management activities in bringing up the AUM qualified criteria.
. Participate in Priority and Commercial Clients (CC) activities, i.e. market outlook seminars, lifestyle events, year &ndashend gathering and etc to acquire new to bank customers and referrals while exploring opportunity to upgrade existing bank customers to qualified Priority customers.
. Participate in sales promotion and activities to achieve/exceed defined sales targets.
. Prepare and consolidate accurate reports on sales activities.
. Engage Priority and potential customers through 100% leads activation.
. To improve Products per Customer (PPC) rate through digital solution penetration.
. Responsible in building an information database on PIC customers to support relationships building and cross-selling efforts.People and Talent Skill requirements
. Enhanced multi-product Priority knowledge
. Market and competition knowledge
. Possess all relevant investment & insurance certifications and licensing
. Presentation and soft skills tailored to engaging Affluent Clients
. Internal stakeholder engagement skills
. Closing deals
. Ability to drive and manage client interaction
. Good communication & presentation skills
. Negotiation and objection handling
. Client training on digital solutions
. Discipline and good time management to handle a client portfolio
. Ability to solve problems and close issues without handing over
. Strong analytical ability
. Understanding of Priority CDD principles
. Interpersonal and complaint handling skills
. Bank's product knowledge
. Understanding of policies and procedures
. ABM rules / Bank Negara FEA regulations
. Branch Operations Manual (WEBOM) /MIC/ group circulars/bank policy and tariff of chargesRegulatory & Business Conduct
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Leadto achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
1. A degree in banking or other related field
2. Good sense of responsibility
3. Ability to multitask
4. Good judgement to make financial decisions
5. Ability to work in a team Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Ability to maintain the integrity of highly confidential customer and Bank information
7. Ability to deal effectively with time pressures, and multi-tasking on level of customer activity effective problem solving skills.
8. Computer literate.
9. Able to work with minimum supervision
10. Good understanding of reconciliation /investigation practices
12. FIMM Certification
Visit our careers website