About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.Strategy
- In/outbound ETB advice & sales
- To proactively acquire portfolio AUM of Priority Clients besides Personal clients.
- Engaging & deepening Affluent & hidden Affluent in advisory conversations with analytics support and collaboration with Wealth Specialists.
- Meeting clients when required (at least once a month).
- Prepare and educate clients to interacting via online, Client Centre
- NTB referrals from clients
- Actively acquire and activate new Affluent/potential Affluent clients referred from ETB clients directly to Relationship Manager, Priority Banking.
- Provide advice to Personal Clients approaching Bank with complex investment needs.
ProcessesEngaging and deepening activities
- To achieve agreed revenue and new sales targets.
- Agreed service standards to customers.
- 100% Operation control under operation risks guidelines and sales compliance.
- To cascade and live the values.
- To undertake special projects / assignments.
- Non compliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples are detected and duly reported
- No unsatisfactory compliance reviews and audits on the conduct of CST and record keeping
- No overdue Control Sample Testing (CST).
- Maintaining robust controls and monitoring actions
- In consultation with the BM/STM, draw up monthly plans for achieving new business and customer acquisition goals committed.
- To foster and deepen client relationship by providing regular market information updates and trend analysis on international equities, unit trust, bonds and other investment instruments and follow up calls / visits to assist them in their investment decisions.
To conduct regular checks on market trends and competitors&rsquo programme offering and activities. This is to assist / initiate efforts to increase product differentiation and enhance attractiveness of programme.To plan, target and cross-sell integrated business financial services to Priority clients who are self-employed professionals and businessmen.Proactively engaging with the &ldquoHidden Affluent&rdquo by having complete knowledge of the clients in terms of the :
- profile & assets
- create analytics-backed next best conversation
- sound knowledge in Needs/Anchor products such as : Wealth & Mortgage, CASA, CC & etc.
To acquire from individual client referrals and actively engaging them during the first 3 months by:
- meeting the client in person to discuss on advisory needs (once a month/quarter)
- connect client with specialists
- set up products holding
- conduct/connect for periodic CDD
- conduct fulfilment & activate
Supporting the client on any client-initiated needs by:
- Proactively reaching out to client for advice discussions
- Delivering on transactions, service requests, mobile/online training
- Updating CDD
- Managing Client&rsquos credit situation
- Refer most servicing activities to Client Servicing Managers (as and when request by clients)
- To recommend improvements in operational processes, procedures and products based on customer feedback to ensure constant enhancement of service levels and efficiency.
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager.
Acquiring on referrals
People and TalentSkill requirements
- Act on referral leads assigned within timeline
- To solicit referrals from other sources.
- To conduct a professional, consultative financial analysis and profiling session with Priority clients by:
- Meeting, listening and determining further needs
- Setting up anchor products & initiate cross-sell
- Conduct/connect CDD
- Educate and conduct initial set-up for online, ATMs, Client Centre and Branch
- Enhanced multi-product Priority knowledge
- Market and competition knowledge
- Possess all relevant investment & insurance certifications and licensing
- Presentation and soft skills tailored to engaging Affluent Clients
- Internal stakeholder engagement skills
- Closing deals
- Ability to drive and manage client interaction
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Negotiation and objection handling
- Client training on digital solutions
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Discipline and good time management to handle a client portfolio
- Ability to solve problems and close issues without handing over
- Strong analytical ability
- Understanding of Priority CDD principles
- Interpersonal and complaint handling skills
- Bank's product knowledge
- Understanding of policies and procedures
- ABM rules / Bank Negara FEA regulations
- Branch Operations Manual (WEBOM) /MIC/ group circulars/bank policy and tariff of charges
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the[country / business unit / function/[team]to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] *
- A degree in banking or other related field
- Good sense of responsibility
- Ability to multitask
- Good judgement to make financial decisions
- Ability to work in a team Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain the integrity of highly confidential customer and Bank information
- Ability to deal effectively with time pressures, and multi-tasking on level of customer activity effective problem solving skills.
- Computer literate.
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Good understanding of reconciliation /investigation practices
- FIMM License
- Bancassurance License
- IPPC License
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.