- Passionate about understanding customers, knowing their needs and expectations and developing solutions to support them
- Analytical and meticulous, pro-active and self-motivated
- Excited by data and analysis and enjoy searching for key insights
- Well organised, able to prioritise and multi-task to manage multiple projects at one time
- Mature, independent and have the initiative to be a problem-solver
- Good time management and work well under pressure
- Confident and able to work with stakeholders in the most professional and effective manner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Work as part of a team along with the Research Managers and other Analysts to build new research surveys, launch them to clients, track progress, create progress reporting and build reports for distribution to the stakeholder group.
- Set-up of new surveys including communicating with business teams across multiple countries to confirm survey samples and qualify clients for inclusion
- Track progress of surveys when in-field, and manage status updates to business users
- Monitor achievement of research goals to ensure surveys meet the response targets and demographics that we have set
- Develop analysis models and reporting frameworks for new studies
- Generate research reports to share findings and key insights with countries and business heads
- Manage the processes for survey invitation, reminder release, status tracking reporting
- Work closely with Research Managers throughout
Some examples of the kind of work you will be involved in
- Detail what the role does, what it covers and the career development opportunities>
- We are currently looking for experienced research analysts to join the Research & Client Insights team. You will be an integral part of the Research & Client Insights team which is a global function. The team designs and delivers global research programmes across the B2B (CIB and CB) and Private Banking client segments, providing strategic inputs to the business from both clients and staff. The programme of work spans studies run by external agencies, core annual/semi-annual studies run in-house as well as ad-hoc projects to meet a specific need. As Research Analyst you will be responsible for the successful delivery of research projects from initial sample creation through fieldwork to analysis and reporting. You will be excited by understanding hard-to-reach clients, knowing their needs and expectations and developing solutions to support them. You may currently be working within a research agency and be looking for a chance to move to a research team within a client organization where you can have more visibility of the impact of research findings on business decisions.
- Your role in the Research & Insight team will be as a research analyst / senior analyst working with the Research Managers and data modeler to build survey samples, launch surveys and report status throughout live running, and build analysis, insights and reporting customized to the needs of different business teams. Your experience with data analysis, problem solving and survey activities will enable you to be effective in this role. In addition you will be coordinating surveys with business teams across multiple countries and you will be interested in developing approaches to communicate effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
-Annual Client Feedback studies for CIB and CB segments globally where we capture feedback from client decision makers, network managers, treasurers etc on the strength of our strategic and transactional relationships
-Ad-hoc research studies into the usage of specific products and services among clients
-Syndicated (third party) studies run by external agencies which help us to understand our market positioning relative to competition
-Integration of research findings from multiple sources along with business data to create deeper insights at a client level.
- Career development opportunities in this role are varied. There is scope to develop within the team – either focusing on analysis and project management to progress into the Team Leader role or focusing on Research solution design and business advice to progress into a Senior Analyst / Research Manager role. Previous incumbents in this role have moved into other business analysis roles, for example within the FM COO team or the CIB COO team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Detail the tasks and responsibilities to be performed in the role
- Design client samples for surveys through analysis of client revenue and contact data
- Coordinate global multi-country surveys, actively communicating with in-country business teams to ensure activities are clear and timelines are met
- Respond to questions and inquiries from country and business teams, develop relationships
- Monitor achievement of research goals by compiling stats and reports for business managers to ensure that surveys meet the response targets and demographics that we have set
- Develop analysis models to identify key findings and insights
- Create reports and materials to share research results and insights with countries and with business heads, customizing report formats and content to different audiences at different levels throughout the organisation
- Work closely with Research Managers throughout
- Select from the list below by bolding up to five critical strengths required to be a high performer in the role.
- Problem Solver
- Educational Discipline in Statistics, Marketing, Business Administration or quantitative discipline is preferred
- Experience in Market Research agency (2 years as a minimum)
- Knowledge of financial services and the Corporate / Institutional banking product array including Cash, Trade, FX is a strong advantage
- Experience running surveys with hard to reach audiences and specifically with B2B and HNW segments
- Excellent core MS Office skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Knowledge of Statistical software packages such as SPSS or Q (preferred). SAS Programming an added advantage. Qualtrics experience a strong advantage (survey creation, report design)
- Good communication skills: able to build clear and effective communications that drive action
- Good project management skills, prioritization, able to identify issues and risks and to seek help when needed for continued progress
- Able to work effectively at all different levels of the organization – with team, senior executives, and middle management
- Self-starter, comfortable both working independently and as part of a close-knit team. Detail oriented with strong motivation and work ethic.
- Comfortable to work in a relatively unstructured, project-based and multi-cultural environment. Able to adapt working style to respond to the needs of different stakeholders.