About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Driving optimal performance through evolving the FM Central Control Group Target Operating Model, clearly defining roles and responsibilities and team coaching and management. Setting clear direction for the team.
The activities include:
- FM Central Control Group (CCG) supports the FM Risk and Control function.
- Oversees production of Risk Publications on risk reporting and hygiene actions to ensure the business and the FM COO MT have full visibility of the risks.
- Runs Control Monitoring to ensure robust, consistent and sustainable assessment of controls are executed in line with ORF.
- Support Global Process Owner for risk assessment and EORP (Group OR management system) data management.
- Acting as a support partner to FM risk management team.
Global Process Owner Support
- Monitor controls in processes and operations by executing control sample tests, monitoring key control indicators and running daily controls check.
- Identify, report and escalate failures in processes and material breaches to controls.
- Follow up on the completion of the remediation plans of identified gaps and weaknesses of processes and controls arising from CST/KCI monitoring and other internal/external reviews.
- Risk assessment coordination. Highlight risks to management and actively monitor control exceptions and improvement actions to reduce the likelihood of occurrence.
- EORP data management. Support Global Process Owner across the operational risk framework and the process universe record maintenance in EORP.
- Understand principle and standards relevant to Enterprise Risk Management Framework,
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from CST/KCI reviews.
- Inform senior management of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or cease activities.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Attend relevant management meetings.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Prepare and cascade lessons learned from audit findings, and specific investigations.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the function.
- Departmental Continuity Coordinators (DCCs) - Conduct Business Impact Analysis (BIA), Develop, maintain and exercise Business Continuity Plan (BC Plan)
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- FM COO Management Team
- FM COO Controls Department
- FM Operations Management Team
- FM Operations Risk Management Team
- Front Office staffs and supervisors
- Data providers
Our Ideal Candidate
- As delegated by line management from time to time
- Strong risk management and controls background.
- Highly effective verbal and written English communication skills
- Good presentation, time management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple work streams with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills to varying levels of management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Adequate knowledge around Tableau and Excel as these tools are primarily used to produce the MIs and also able to troubleshoot and resolve issues on these tools.
- Coding skills such as visual basic application or Python is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Degree in Finance, Statistics, Computer Science or related field is preferred.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.