The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur (BSSCKL), was established in 2005 providing functional services in Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement and Import Export Order Management Services to BASF companies in Asia Pacific region. This center is part of BASF Global Shared Services Organization (GSSO) network, with three other sites in Berlin and Ludwigshafen in Germany and in Montevideo, Uruguay, that cover Europe and the Americas.
As the GSSO embarks on a journey of digitalization and innovation, this position aims at supporting the Technology Unit to:
- Drive digitalization and innovation to achieve excellence, and optimal systems/tools/processes for service delivery and management of the organization within and beyond GSSO.
- Based on the project or initiative assigned, the role requires leading, influencing and guiding team members in the functions to achieve the desired business results for the assigned project.
Digitalization / Innovation
- Work with or lead functional teams, relevant BASF organization or external vendors to rollout digitalization and innovative solutions, to enhance operational excellence and service quality.
- Plan, coordinate and obtain functional requirements from process owners/users to determine functional and technical requirements, user acceptance testing, training, communication, deployment management, post-production support, etc.
- Support or conduct progress review, monitoring and updates of various initiatives across the organization.
- Develop automation process using RPA (UiPath) tools, analyzing, understanding and documenting the business processes in detail
- This role will require working collaboratively with multiple functions in the organization within GSSO and beyond.
Compliance and Quality Management
- Ensure that all activities carried out by the functional teams are in compliance with relevant policies, processes and procedures to achieve excellent and consistent quality of work results.
- Ensure that strict adherence to policies, processes and procedures.
- Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience with 2 years’ working in robotic process automation
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- RPA - UiPath
- JS, VB Script or VB/C#.NET Programming Language
- SQL Language e.g MSSQL
- Excellent business communication, presentation and writing skills in English
- Communicate with openness, clarity, organizational awareness and empathy to achieve the desired results, particularly driving organisation change
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, and able to lead and motivate team members
- Must be a team player and able to work with others