Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
Digitalization will be a true part of BASF's DNA that creates new exciting customer experiences and business growth as well as drives efficiencies in processes. This is our digital VISION for BASF.
Global Digital Services (GDS) is supporting BASF business in Digitalization transformation. Our MISSION is to drive forward the digital transformation of BASF, providing innovative, global and high-quality digital products and services through a strong agile culture.
Part of the GDS strategy, BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur (BSSCKL) is one of the established Digital Hub for APAC region.
In GDS, the Purchase Order & Invoicing product team in the Procurement Product Family, provides digital and core SAP solutions to fulfil the requirements from BASF companies globally.
The main objectives of a senior DevOps Engineer will ensure that customer requirements are accepted, analyzed and described in an orderly fashion and will be responsible for modeling, advising and optimization regarding business processes in purchasing.
- Develop, configure and test complex applications, including quality assurance and managing projects in cooperation with our business partners and third-party providers
- Implementation through development (ABAP/ ABAP OO) and/or customizing in SAP and of relevant digital applications would be required
- Provide support during change requests / projects with early consulting which comprises efforts estimation and high level design solution. Thereafter, proceed and ensure further development, evolution and optimization
- Responsible for designing possible technical solutions for subject-specific business requirements in coordination with other DevOps engineers and internal business partners within BASF
- While performing studies and evaluations of purchased software, you will be responsible for designing and implementing prototypes in projects using new technologies such as S4/HANA, Fiori, API and in a distributed system landscape (SAP UI5, cloud or mobile applications)
- Responsible for managing & maintaining operational business support in BASF SAP application landscape. In case of incidents, ensure restoring normal application services as quickly as possible and minimize adverse impact on operations including Problem management, Change Management (incl. small business requests) and Continuous Service Improvement (CSI)
- Steer third party provider in terms of solution or service delivery of procurement topics in Asia Pacific
- It is expected that all tasks are performed according to the standardized BASF guidelines and framework such as Project Lifecycle, Global Release Management and GSKC as well as agile new methods (such as scrum) consistently
- Able to communicate complex contexts convincingly to the stakeholders within BASF and build stable relationships
- In the digitalization/innovation aspect, act as a Global / Regional representative of BASF Digital community, supporting BASF Digital roadmap, helping GDS to identify, execute and implement customer-centric digital solutions in an actionable and measurable way.
- Degree in Computer Science, informatics, business informatics or in a comparable field
- Minimum 4-6 years related working experience with complex SAP applications knowledge of purchasing processes is a plus
- Experienced ABAP programming
- Strong knowledge and understanding in Material Management (compulsory) and Plant Maintenance (optional) modules within the SAP application is essential
- Functionally worked with Workflow, BAPI, User-Exits, SAPScript/Smartform, ABAP Queries,BADI, BDC, Search help, Transaction variants, Enhancement points
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Strong programming skills in ABAP/ABAP Objects or other programming languages/technologies such as Java, SAP Web Dynpro, SA UI5 or Eclipse
- Familiar in data conversion tools and data conversion methodology
- Good knowledge in authorization objects, roles & profiles
- Familiar with IDOC, SAP interfaces
- Experiencing Agile way of working or agile implementation approach
- Strong Digital mindset to accelerate BASF Digitalization transformation journey
- Familiar with Digital technology - e.g.: RPA / automation, Power Platform, Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence, etc
- Excellent English communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills in an international team combined with a very high level of customer orientation
- Well-developed proactive and self-driven character
- High sense of responsibility to have conflict awareness and management skills
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.