About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.Make an impact every day with Trust, Data and Resilience (TDR)
Our TDR team sits within the Group Operations function and is responsible for mission-critical areas including cyber, information, data, privacy and resilience. These are challenges that impact our clients globally. Our TDR team develops the platforms, drives the processes and builds partnerships to benefit millions of people every day. They thrive in providing solutions to complex issues, devote time and energy to designing new and innovative solutions, and all in an environment that demands being risk-aware, not risk-averse. TDR chooses progress over perfection and aims to always participate with a constructive purpose. The team makes an impact wherever they are based, be it in our offices around the world, our Global Business Solution centres in China, India, Malaysia and Poland, or even from our home. Now you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact with a diverse and passionate team of creators, innovators and achievers. With us, you'll learn, be inspired, and make an impact every day. The success of our work hinges on how we use the unique diversity of our people to realise the effects we seek to achieve: Always on. Always safe. Always Simple
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work in a highly skilled and high performing team. The candidate will be the principal cyber security engineer and expert for multiple infrastructure domains. They will design, and implement security solutions as well as provide level 3 support to the operations teams.
The Role Responsibilities
- Subject matter expert responsible for the review, design and implementation of security solutions that meet current and future needs of the organization.
- Define the requirements, scoring criteria, and conduct proof of concept reviews of new products to determine the best technology to implement.
- Hands-on technical design, test and implementation activities together with related SCB Technology parties (e.g. platform teams, datacentre teams, vendors) and handover/transition to the appropriate Production Support teams.
- Documentation for deployed solutions to meet SCB PMS and SDF standards & guidelines & obtain all required signoffs.
- Final escalation point for deep technical security issues.
- Managing and dealing with technical as well as senior stakeholders, vendors, including peers from other departments
- Mentoring and training junior team members
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in a team delivering technology centric customer focused services.
- Involvement with process improvement initiatives.
- Working on large scale projects.
- Successfully delivered at least 1 large project.
- Prior experience in running Proof Of Concept testing.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently without direct supervision.
Cyber Security Skills
- A sound grasp of basic Information Security principles.
- Track record in designing and delivering security related solutions.
- A basic understanding of information risk management practices.
- Experience in defining corporate technology standards.
- Expert level experience in at least one or more of the following, with some level of experience or knowledge in most:
Database Security Monitoring
- Solution design, engineering, testing and deployment experience with Database Activity Monitoring solutions.
Host-based Security Monitoring
- Engineering, testing and deployment experience with Host-based Intrusion Detection Systems solutions.
Security Monitoring Infrastructure
- Experience in engineering, implementing and configuring SIEM tools.
- Good understanding of the logging/auditing systems used by major vendors, including those on Operating Systems, Databases and Network equipment.
- Experience in scripting on both Unix and Windows.
- Ability to define and design meaningful security reports from data caught within SIEM tools.
Cloud and Virtualisation
- Engineering experience with deploying solutions in AWS & Azure Cloud and VMWare's virtualisation technologies.
- Good knowledge and understanding of cloud technologies, Jenkins, Vx pipeline, Terraform with the ability to deploy solutions into a cloud service securely.
Integration with Active Directory and other Enterprise systems
- Hands-on experience in integrating solutions with enterprise security solutions such as the Active Directory, privileged access management systems, SIEM and other monitoring systems.
- Excellent understanding of how Active Directory works past the GUI interface.
- Good understanding of DNS, Web Proxy, E-mail infrastructure and other network services and how to integrate with them.
Firewall and Webservices
- Good understanding of Firewall, web proxy and Network IDS technologies.
VA and Malware
- Prior experience in testing, configuring and deploying enterprise level antivirus infrastructure.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP networking fundamentals.
- Good understanding of NAC and VPN technologies.
- Basic understanding of multifactor authentication systems and how to integrate them in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent understanding of Unix security and hardening practices.
- Excellent understanding of Windows security and hardening practices.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent.
- AWS certifications
- Experience of engineering security solutions.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Strong knowledge of either Unix or Windows.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.