The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
To perform, execute and consult on all related post fixture activities in handling bulk transportation of BASF group of companies’ and selected associate companies’ products by chemical and gas tankers in the Asia Pacific region in a way that is cost efficient and in compliance to all the rules, regulations and standards set by the organization as well as the industry.
- Monitor and operationalize the execution of the post fixture activities on concluded COA or Spot fixtures in accordance to the applicable charter party
- Constantly monitor the ship’s movement during her transit and her operational activities at each port to have the best turnaround of the ship according to the agreed Charter Party/freighting contract.
- Ensure that the computation of laytime and potential demurrage is appropriately done so as to dictate whether there is/potentially is demurrage incurred for each shipment arranged and outcome is to be distributed to all concerned parties for appropriate action.
- Monitor and review performance of ship owners in order to develop KPIs with the objective of having continuous improvement of the operations
- Work closely with all relevant stakeholders covering shipowners, brokers, shippers, receivers, terminals, related BASF entities in ensure seamless bulk parcel shipping post fixture operations and where necessary lead the coordination of issue resolution where required.
- Ensure that the processing of all bulk parcel freight invoices, shipowner claims are processed in a timely manner and where necessary actively drive resolutions on this topic
- Ensure adherence and compliance to all Distribution Safety Codes of bulk cargoes
- A degree/professional qualification (e.g. ICS/CILT), BS or BA degree in business management, supply chain management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in Parcel tanker operations covering fixture, port fixture, demurrage computation.
- Possesses good communication skills (written and spoken), analytically inclined and able to work with minimum supervision, proactive, result-oriented and a good team player
- Experience in Supply Chain processes as well as ability to report and work with remote managers and teams.