The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
Digitalization will be a true part of BASF’s DNA that creates new exciting customer experiences and business growth as well as drives efficiencies in processes. This is our digital VISION for BASF. Global Digital Services (GDS) is supporting BASF business in Digitalization transformation. Our MISSION is to drive forward the digital transformation of BASF, providing innovative, global and high-quality digital products and services through a strong agile culture. Part of the GDS strategy, BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur (BSSCKL) is one of the established Digital Hub for APAC region.
The objective of the Digital Transformation Senior Specialist position is to drive digitalization for the BASF Service Desk and related support teams within the global unit End User Support. By introducing Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, data analytics platforms and robotics the job holder will improve our services world-wide for all 110.000 BASF end users. Additionally, the job holder will bridge the global digitalization responsibilities with the regional demands to support the local Digital hub initiatives in Kuala Lumpur. Synergies and lessons learned will be consolidated and handled from both perspectives. Finally, the intention is to acquire unique digital skills as described below which are still quite rare causing capacity bottlenecks in driving digitalization within BASF with completely new approaches & solutions within global and regional teams.
Act as a Global / Regional representative of BASF Digital community, supporting BASF Digital roadmap, helping GDS to identify, execute and implement customer-centric digital solutions in an actionable and measurable way.
The below listed responsibilities apply to both, the global and the regional role:
- You improve the service with digital solutions and identify new innovative improvement potentials in alignment with senior management and IT experts.
- You translate customer requirement into technical specifications, you design, develop, document, test and train new solutions to support operative and strategic decisions and actions
- You introduce predictive support in collaboration with the internal business partners and IT experts to enable proactive user support within service desk
- You strengthen the application of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and data analytics e.g. for trend analytics, virtual assistants and knowledge extraction
- You support the implementation of the IT Service Management Tool Service Now from End User Support perspective by leveraging offered features and by integrating existing digital solutions
- You support the digital transformation journey with trainings and change & community management
- Benchmarking of trends & best practices applied in scientific & commercial enterprises within the area of digitalization and related evaluation for internal measures is part of your daily work
- You will have the additional opportunity to lead digital transformation projects and support the digitalization strategy
- Degree in Computer Science, informatics, business informatics or in a comparable field
- You already gathered an extensive work experience of at least 5 years within the area of Artificial intelligence, data analytics, machine learning and automation. Contribution to tangible project applications are an advantage
- You have a deep understanding of IT solution development and service delivery, ideally also with an agile implementation approach
- You are experienced in working in global virtual teams and projects
- Experience in shared services / business process outsourcing industry is preferable
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Experiencing Agile way of working or agile implementation approach
- Strong Digital mindset to accelerate BASF Digitalization transformation journey
- Familiarity with Digital technology - e.g. RPA / automation, Power Platform, Machine leaning / artificial intelligence, etc
- Strong coding experience - e.g. with Python, R, Java, C#/C, SQL, PostgreSQL
- Strong experience with Data Science, Big Data e.g. via Hadoop, Spark
- Experience in Cloud - e.g. AWS, MS Azure, GCP / Google Cloud
- Experience in Data Visualization Tool for business reporting and able to transform business data into actionable insights - Power BI, Tableau, etc
- Experience with RPA (robotic process automation) - UiPath
- Experience in Machine learning and Chatbot platforms - e.g. IBM Watson, Azure Bit, SAP, Microsoft would be added value
- Experience in configurations / implementations within the IT Service Management tool Service Now would be added value
- High degree of personal responsibility, a high awareness for quality and purposefulness
- High motivation for international collaboration, very strong analytical skills and a high innovation orientation
- High motivation and persuasiveness via excellent and professional communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English skills in written and verbally