About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- OTC Equity Derivatives Settlements function resides within the Financial Markets Operations (FMO) team in Standard Chartered Bank (SCB). Its core function revolves around trade settlement activities with emphasis on capturing discrepancies in the economic terms between trade capture system and authorized source documents provided by TCG and Front Office on trade date.
- KL Middle Office team provides coverage to Trading and Sales desks across ASEAN, Middle East, UK / Africa and US. Product coverage includes Derivatives - FX Options, Rates & Credit, Fixed Income, Commodities, Equities and FX/MM.
- To assist the Manager in running of all Department BAU functions for all relevant derivative product classes including settlement, exceptions processing, MIS reporting, control & risk mitigation, project & people management.
- Financial Market Operations
People and Talent
- OTC Equity Derivatives Settlements
Risk ManagementCustomer Management
- Product Knowledge - Advanced
- Process Management - Advanced
- Capacity Planning - Core
- Operations Risk Management - Advanced
- Ensure analysts perform timely resolution of internal & external customer queries.
- Able to escalate customer complaints and propose solutions to resolve them.
- Understands customers requirements and able to instil a customer-centric culture in the team.
Control & Risk Mitigation
- Understands the various product booking models & able to perform end-to-end settlement processing for all Derivatives products.
- Assist in 2nd Level approvals in the various settlements systems namely SOPHIS, RAZOR, GPTM, MUREX & OPICS and assist in 1st level processing if needed during contingency.
- Target to decrease processing errors.
- Able to drive quality work within teams and self.
- Adheres to laid out processes and procedures of the bank while completing process actions.
- Prompt and early escalation of risk issues to Line Managers.
- Identify errors and omissions resulting from routine process actions and able to investigate & promptly resolve GL Suspense and Nostro accounts imbalances & breaks.
- Ensure regular updating of process procedures (DOI).
Reconciliation and Exception Queue Management
- Full participation on Projects Deliveries 2021. ie. Sophis Decom and Razor Adoption
- Prioritizes and schedule dept. workload accordingly to meet volume peaks & troughs.
- Organizes leave coverage to ensure adequate resources for work continuity in dept.
- Communicates own work plan issues and escalates potential 'Bottlenecks to Line Managers.
- Covers and acts as a back up to Line Manager for extended periods in their absence.
Query, Investigation and Escalation Management
- Responsible for the execution of accurate and timely reconciliations and break investigations according to the latest approved global, product, and regionally defined procedures.
- Applies to TLM, ex-TLM, inter, intra and all types of reconciliations managed by the Middle Office.
- Responsible for the execution of accurate & timely management of queries, investigation and escalation according to the latest approved global, product and regionally defined procedures.
- Applies to all management of all queries, investigations, and escalations.
Supporting any Ad hoc project/initiatives on non-business days inclusive
Ensure all controls are applied including those defined in the Operational Risk Framework
Liaison with Internal and External audit
Know-how on externally connected networks (Bloomberg / Reuters / ICE / Apex)Governance
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Customer Service Standards
- Operational Risk Management
- Cost Control
- Audit Grades
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Derivatives FIC Front Office globally but primarily in Asia.
- Derivatives Operations units globally.
- Derivatives Documentation globally.
- Markets Operations Controls globally.
- Product Control globally.
- Market Risks globally.
- Customer Service Group globally.
- Shared Service Centres globally.
- Global Markets Operations globally.
- Various Middle Office sites.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.